underclocking - Can't change CPU multiplier on board. Advice!

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Keiron, Sep 19, 2009.

  1. Keiron

    Keiron Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to underclock (Duron 1.4, Syntax V266a motherboard).

    Now the issue is, this extremely featureless budget, but otherwise well
    performing, board won't let me drop the CPU multiplier below 133 (range
    being between 133-165).

    If I go ahead with the pencil trick on the cpu anyway will the board
    somehow detect this and allow me to drop the multiplier further or will I
    be still be stuck with the same multiplier range due to the the
    featureless nature of the mobo?

    Or indeed is there another trick to allow me to drop the multiplier?

    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. Keiron

    Keiron Guest

    On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:46:24 +0000, Keiron wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm trying to underclock (Duron 1.4, Syntax V266a motherboard).
    >
    > Now the issue is, this extremely featureless budget, but otherwise well
    > performing, board won't let me drop the CPU multiplier below 133 (range
    > being between 133-165).
    >
    > If I go ahead with the pencil trick on the cpu anyway will the board
    > somehow detect this and allow me to drop the multiplier further or will
    > I be still be stuck with the same multiplier range due to the the
    > featureless nature of the mobo?
    >
    > Or indeed is there another trick to allow me to drop the multiplier?
    >
    > Thanks

    Oops, clearly its the FSB that won't drop in the bios. There is no
    multiplier setting in the bios as far as I can see. Either way and
    anyway, I'd like to drop both the multiplier and the FSB.

    Ideas.

    Cheers