    Is there any potential damage that I can do to the laptop by
    undervolting?
    , Oct 29, 2007

  2. Brett Kline Guest

    bdzyub wrote:
    > Do any of you guys know the lower voltage limit of a 1600mhz Turion
    > X2?

    AMD always suggest a range but it's only a guideline. It appears you may
    have found the lowest stable Vcore voltage already.

    > I tried to undervolt it with CpuMark Clock utility and got it at 0.9V
    > stable. This reduced the temperature of my laptop by about
    > 10C(checked with speedfan).
    > If I go any lower then the computer just restarts.

    > Is there any potential damage that I can do to the laptop by
    > undervolting?

    You won't damage hardware though you might cause data corruption. Check the
    MD5 or SHA1 sums of several 700MB - 1GB files. If you get the same figure
    time after time it's a good sign. If you don't, increase Vcore.

    See if it passes a minimum of 24 hours of Orthos loading both cores. It it
    does it's likely stable.

    http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm
    Brett Kline, Oct 30, 2007