upgrade cpu presario 6420nx

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by takoma, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. takoma

    takoma Guest

    I have a presario 6420nx that I am very fond of. It is running the AMD
    2200+ 1.8, and I have a 2600+ 2.13 laying around. I wonder, would it
    be a problem to swap this in?

    Will there be BIOS or CMOS issues?

    1. Advertising

  2. Guest

    takoma wrote:
    > I have a presario 6420nx that I am very fond of. It is running the AMD
    > 2200+ 1.8, and I have a 2600+ 2.13 laying around. I wonder, would it
    > be a problem to swap this in?
    >
    > Will there be BIOS or CMOS issues?

    It should work fine. Both socket 462, not a huge difference in speed.
    If it doesn't boot, put the old one back. It'll be fine.