    Hello,

    Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first
    disc from the full installation discs for Panther?

    mz, Jan 25, 2004

  2. mz

    Smokerz Guest

    In article <1g845on.1vfjtv0f6to8wN%>, (mz) wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first
    > disc from the full installation discs for Panther?

    Confusing question. The upgrade first disc you must have a previous Jaquar
    10.2 installed. The full installer requires no pre-installed system
    software.

    Smokerz, Jan 25, 2004

  3. mz

    mz Guest

    Smokerz <> wrote:

    > In article <1g845on.1vfjtv0f6to8wN%>, (mz) wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first
    > > disc from the full installation discs for Panther?
    > >

    > Confusing question. The upgrade first disc you must have a previous Jaquar
    > 10.2 installed. The full installer requires no pre-installed system
    > software.

    Sorry, I should have been clearer. I know the difference between the
    discs themselves. If I have a complete set of upgrade installation discs
    and disc #1 from the full-installation set, could I replace the upgrade
    disc #1 with the full-installation disc #1 and do a complete
    installation? Will the other discs from the upgrade set work with the
    full-installation boot disc?

    mz, Jan 25, 2004
  4. mz

    Simon Slavin Guest

    On 25/01/2004, mz wrote in message <1g84r63.1d1nlwq1cazvgwN%>:

    > If I have a complete set of upgrade installation discs
    > and disc #1 from the full-installation set, could I replace the upgrade
    > disc #1 with the full-installation disc #1 and do a complete
    > installation?

    Yes. I've done it and it works.

    Simon.
    --