    I've goolged this and came up empty. I would appreciate any information or
    pointers to web resources.

    Thanks in advance.

    David Richard Larochelle, Sep 6, 2003

  2. David Richard Larochelle

    David Wang Guest

    David Richard Larochelle <> wrote:
    > I'm hoping to upgrade the cpu on a low end system that I have. I want to
    > avoid replacing the mother board if possible.

    > The system currently has a celeron 433 (socket 370) running on a slot 1
    > mother board viva an adaptor.

    Try Powerleap.

    www.powerleap.com

    --
    davewang202(at)yahoo(dot)com

    David Wang, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Interesting site.

    I like to idea of the adaptors that will let newer processors work in a
    slot 1 system but I though they were a bit over priced.

    Dropping $100+ on an adaptor so that I can avoid buying a $40 mother board
    seems a bit silly.

    --
    David

    David Richard Larochelle, Sep 6, 2003
  4. David Richard Larochelle

    GHalleck Guest

    David Richard Larochelle wrote:

    > Interesting site.
    >
    > I like to idea of the adaptors that will let newer processors work in a
    > slot 1 system but I though they were a bit over priced.
    >
    > Dropping $100+ on an adaptor so that I can avoid buying a $40 mother board
    > seems a bit silly.
    >
    > --
    > David

    True. But the CPU upgrade path is no longer simple nor beneficial to the
    consumer. This clearly evident in moving from, for example, Socket-7 to
    Slot-1 to Socket 370, and so on. It was recently written that the life of a
    computer and components are around 3 years before it is replaced. Look
    at the Intel P4 family, from Tualatin to Northwood and now, Canterwood,
    in approximately the same 3-year span. But, on the good news side, the
    overall price for computer systems are still decreasing...more bang for the
    bucks.

    GHalleck, Sep 6, 2003
  5. David Richard Larochelle

    pass Guest

    For 100MHz bus, a Celeron 1.4GHz I think. I can't promise you though.

    Never rely on Intel for a stable upgrade path. They change sockets and
    voltages all the time. You'll usually either have to buy a new motherboard or
    an adapter to upgrade any Intel system.

    pass, Sep 7, 2003