  1. Haggar

    Haggar Guest

    Are the coolers the same on these 2?

    Haggar, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Haggar

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:57:38 +0000, Haggar wrote:

    > Are the coolers the same on these 2?

    I just got an AM2 X2 3800+ and it came boxed with just a regular old
    aluminum HS. I've heard the 4400+ comes with a 4 heatpipe model. Running
    both cores at 100% the temps slowly go up to about 52C with this cooler.
    Fine with me as it's nice and quiet.

    Wes Newell, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Haggar

    Hellraiser Guest

    "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:57:38 +0000, Haggar wrote:
    >
    >> Are the coolers the same on these 2?

    > I just got an AM2 X2 3800+ and it came boxed with just a regular old
    > aluminum HS. I've heard the 4400+ comes with a 4 heatpipe model. Running
    > both cores at 100% the temps slowly go up to about 52C with this cooler.
    > Fine with me as it's nice and quiet.

    Seems a daft upgrade to me, 3800 to a 4400? Why not just overclock? Just
    got me a socket 939 3800 X2 to upgrade my Opteron and it is nice and quick
    :) Going to give AM2 a miss and wait till they produce something to compete
    with Core 2, here's hoping, I really don't want an Intel rig :(

    Hellraiser.............>

    Hellraiser, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Haggar

    Haggar Guest

    I have ASUS A8n- whats a good OC ram for it and x2 3800??

    Haggar, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Haggar

    Frodo Guest

    Just spend $25 on an Artic Cooler and your covered.
    The 4400 will make more heat then the 3800.
    The X2 4400 has 1024k level 2 cache per core, the X2 3800 only 512K.

    Frodo, Aug 24, 2006
  6. Haggar

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:18:45 +0100, Hellraiser wrote:

    > "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:57:38 +0000, Haggar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Are the coolers the same on these 2?

    >> I just got an AM2 X2 3800+ and it came boxed with just a regular old
    >> aluminum HS. I've heard the 4400+ comes with a 4 heatpipe model. Running
    >> both cores at 100% the temps slowly go up to about 52C with this cooler.
    >> Fine with me as it's nice and quiet.

    > Seems a daft upgrade to me, 3800 to a 4400? Why not just overclock? Just
    > got me a socket 939 3800 X2 to upgrade my Opteron and it is nice and quick
    > :) Going to give AM2 a miss and wait till they produce something to compete
    > with Core 2, here's hoping, I really don't want an Intel rig :(

    I didn't upgrade to a 4400. I upgraded from a 754 3000+ to an AM2 X2
    3800+. It easily overclocks, but I didn't leave it there as I don't need
    that kind of speed. i went with AMD because I have 4 HDTV PCI cards and I
    couldn't find an Intel Core 2 board with that many PCI slots, and the Core
    2's are still overpriced as they are still in high demand with low volume.
    Had I found an E6300 under $200 and a MB that met my needs for under $100
    I would have gone that route. Couldn't, so I didn't.

    Wes Newell, Aug 24, 2006