Urgent Advice needed on correct replacement

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by PeterDon, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. PeterDon

    PeterDon Guest

    BlankPlease need some urgent advice. Our client has lost his display card due to lightning and we have to recommend to the insurance company the correct replacement. The insurance company involved will also do their own research and thus we have to be absolutely correct. The principle we have to adhere to according to the insurance policy is a "same and/or similar" replacement. We cannot find the same replacement and thus have to look at "similar" replacement. herewith specs on damaged card:

    Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra TD GeForce4 Ti4600 - My VIVO Edition

    Please your urgent advice will be appreciated!

    PDB

    1. Advertising

  2. BlankWell I would of thought any Ti4600 card such as the creative labs or any other make as long as its a TI4600!!

    Chris Bedford
    "PeterDon" <> wrote in message news:bpn7iv$es8$...
    Please need some urgent advice. Our client has lost his display card due to lightning and we have to recommend to the insurance company the correct replacement. The insurance company involved will also do their own research and thus we have to be absolutely correct. The principle we have to adhere to according to the insurance policy is a "same and/or similar" replacement. We cannot find the same replacement and thus have to look at "similar" replacement. herewith specs on damaged card:

    Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra TD GeForce4 Ti4600 - My VIVO Edition

    Please your urgent advice will be appreciated!

    PDB

    1. Advertising

  3. PeterDon

    PeterDon Guest

    Thanks Chris for the quick response.

    Unfortunately we cannot find a supplier in South Africa that can provide us
    with a Ti4600 brand new. We may not replace damaged components with
    secondhand components, but must be procured new. Thus we are left with a
    decision between a few of the following options, namely:

    1.) Leadtek® WinFast A310TD+256 nVidia GeForce FX 5600 (NV31) AGP-8X 256MB
    128 bit DDR with TV+DVI+VIVO - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4

    2.) Leadtek® WinFast A300TD nVidia GeForce FX 5800 (NV30) AGP-8X 128MB 128
    bit DDR with TV+DVI - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4 (but this has no ViVO)

    3.) Leadtek® WinFast A350TDH nVidia GeForce FX 5900 (NV35) AGP-8X 128MB 128
    bit DDR -TV+DVI+Hareware Monitor+VIVO, Direct X 9.0

    The insured wants to stick to Leadtek WinFast!

    Which one of the above would be more or less (more rather than less!) the
    same quality than the Ti4600 with VIVO?

  4. "PeterDon" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Chris for the quick response.
    >
    > Unfortunately we cannot find a supplier in South Africa that can provide

    us
    > with a Ti4600 brand new. We may not replace damaged components with
    > secondhand components, but must be procured new. Thus we are left with a
    > decision between a few of the following options, namely:
    >
    > 1.) Leadtek® WinFast A310TD+256 nVidia GeForce FX 5600 (NV31) AGP-8X

    256MB
    > 128 bit DDR with TV+DVI+VIVO - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4
    >
    > 2.) Leadtek® WinFast A300TD nVidia GeForce FX 5800 (NV30) AGP-8X 128MB 128
    > bit DDR with TV+DVI - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4 (but this has no ViVO)
    >
    > 3.) Leadtek® WinFast A350TDH nVidia GeForce FX 5900 (NV35) AGP-8X 128MB

    128
    > bit DDR -TV+DVI+Hareware Monitor+VIVO, Direct X 9.0
    >
    > The insured wants to stick to Leadtek WinFast!
    >
    > Which one of the above would be more or less (more rather than less!) the
    > same quality than the Ti4600 with VIVO?

    I doubt the comments of people on a usenet group will carry much weight with
    the insurance company, but here is my opinion:
    The Ti4600 was the top-of-the-line card in the "4" series. The equivalent
    card in the "5" series is whatever the top-of-the-line card, FX5nnnn, is. If
    your list of possibilities is exhaustive, recommend the FX5900 (explaining
    that your client lost the high end card from the "4" series and that nothing
    less than a 5900 is a suitable replacement). That way, if the insurance
    company counters, your client should end up with at least a 5800.
    It's all a game where they try to pay the least they can.

  5. Biz

    Biz Guest

    Very simple...got to Tom's Hardware page and compare the benchmarks for a
    Ti4600 and the FX series, choose the VIVO card closest in performance. My
    guess it would be the 5800 range of cards, but your list doesnt show a VIVO
    version from Winfast.
    "PeterDon" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Chris for the quick response.
    >
    > Unfortunately we cannot find a supplier in South Africa that can provide

    us
    > with a Ti4600 brand new. We may not replace damaged components with
    > secondhand components, but must be procured new. Thus we are left with a
    > decision between a few of the following options, namely:
    >
    > 1.) Leadtek® WinFast A310TD+256 nVidia GeForce FX 5600 (NV31) AGP-8X

    256MB
    > 128 bit DDR with TV+DVI+VIVO - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4
    >
    > 2.) Leadtek® WinFast A300TD nVidia GeForce FX 5800 (NV30) AGP-8X 128MB 128
    > bit DDR with TV+DVI - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4 (but this has no ViVO)
    >
    > 3.) Leadtek® WinFast A350TDH nVidia GeForce FX 5900 (NV35) AGP-8X 128MB

    128
    > bit DDR -TV+DVI+Hareware Monitor+VIVO, Direct X 9.0
    >
    > The insured wants to stick to Leadtek WinFast!
    >
    > Which one of the above would be more or less (more rather than less!) the
    > same quality than the Ti4600 with VIVO?
    >

    > "Chris Bedford" <> wrote in message
    > BlankWell I would of thought any Ti4600 card such as the creative labs or
    > any other make as long as its a TI4600!!
    >

    > Chris Bedford
    > "PeterDon" <> wrote in message
    > Please need some urgent advice. Our client has lost his display card due
    > to lightning and we have to recommend to the insurance company the correct
    > replacement. The insurance company involved will also do their own

    research
    > and thus we have to be absolutely correct. The principle we have to adhere
    > to according to the insurance policy is a "same and/or similar"

    replacement.
    > We cannot find the same replacement and thus have to look at "similar"
    > replacement. herewith specs on damaged card:
    >
    > Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra TD GeForce4 Ti4600 - My VIVO Edition
    >
    > Please your urgent advice will be appreciated!
    >
    > PDB

  6. Darthy

    Darthy Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:22:09 +0200, "PeterDon"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks Chris for the quick response.
    >
    >Unfortunately we cannot find a supplier in South Africa that can provide us
    >with a Ti4600 brand new. We may not replace damaged components with
    >secondhand components, but must be procured new. Thus we are left with a
    >decision between a few of the following options, namely:
    >
    >1.) Leadtek® WinFast A310TD+256 nVidia GeForce FX 5600 (NV31) AGP-8X 256MB
    >128 bit DDR with TV+DVI+VIVO - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4
    >
    >2.) Leadtek® WinFast A300TD nVidia GeForce FX 5800 (NV30) AGP-8X 128MB 128
    >bit DDR with TV+DVI - Direct X 9.0+, Open GL 1.4 (but this has no ViVO)
    >
    >3.) Leadtek® WinFast A350TDH nVidia GeForce FX 5900 (NV35) AGP-8X 128MB 128
    >bit DDR -TV+DVI+Hareware Monitor+VIVO, Direct X 9.0
    >
    >The insured wants to stick to Leadtek WinFast!
    >
    >Which one of the above would be more or less (more rather than less!) the
    >same quality than the Ti4600 with VIVO?

    Since you have to stick with a LEADTEK.... And your previous card was
    a VIVO edition, then you MUST go for the 5900. (Its about $250USD) -
    when you bought your Ti4600 NEW, it was about $400USD.

    if you look at any reviews, the FX5600 is SLOWER than the GF4-TI4200,
    which is already slower than your card.

    The 5800 is faster than your card, easily - but doesnt have VIVO...
    toss it out.

    Its their own stupidity to not allow you to choose another manufacture
    to replace the card (which costs $75USD)... Only #3 has the SPEED
    and Features that meet or exeed your previous product ON THEIR LIST.

    When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

    Death to Palladium & WPA!!

  7. PeterDon

    PeterDon Guest

    Hi Guys!

    Thanks a lot for the super response and advice. Will then propose the FX5900
    with VIVO.

    Thanks again!!

    PD