    thanks,

    --

    Trev (Milnrow, UK)

    Trev, Nov 21, 2004

  2. >I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
    >USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
    >Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

    It's either that or mod the case.

    DD

    "It's easy when you know how..."
    Johnny Shines

    David DeCristoforo, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Trev

    Evert Meulie Guest

    David DeCristoforo wrote:
    >>I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
    >>USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
    >>Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

    > It's either that or mod the case.
    >
    > DD
    >
    > "It's easy when you know how..."
    > Johnny Shines

    Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot? :cool:

    Regards,
    Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie, Nov 22, 2004
  4. >Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot?

    There are back panes that have a couple of USB ports attached and
    cables to connect to the mobo headers. They only cosr like twelve
    bucks and they don't really use the PCI slot, just the backpane space.
    I've taken these things and mounted them on the case itself by
    cutting a small slot to allow access to the ports. More often than
    not, to bring ports to the front of the case on older boxes. It's not
    that hard. If you are not using your external 3.5" bay, there are USB
    ports that can be mounted there but of course they would not be on the
    back.

    DD

    "It's easy when you know how..."
    Johnny Shines

    David DeCristoforo, Nov 23, 2004
  5. Trev

    Evert Meulie Guest

    David DeCristoforo wrote:
    >>Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot?

    > There are back panes that have a couple of USB ports attached and
    > cables to connect to the mobo headers. They only cosr like twelve
    > bucks and they don't really use the PCI slot, just the backpane space.
    > I've taken these things and mounted them on the case itself by
    > cutting a small slot to allow access to the ports. More often than
    > not, to bring ports to the front of the case on older boxes. It's not
    > that hard. If you are not using your external 3.5" bay, there are USB
    > ports that can be mounted there but of course they would not be on the
    > back.

    Are the mobo headers generic, or do I need a Shuttle-specific back pane?

    Regards,
    Evert

    Evert Meulie, Nov 23, 2004
  6. Trev

    ytrewq Guest

    FrontX might do what you want

    You might take a look at FrontX
    http://www.frontx.com/
    .....assuming you have a front panel available.

    ytrewq, Nov 28, 2004