USB & reboot

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by JayL, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. JayL

    JayL Guest

    All -
    I have a Soyo P4S DRAGON Ultra / P4S-645D DRAGON Lite (info from Everest)

    every time I plug a USB device in the system reboots. But if I plug the USB
    device in and boot the system with the device pre attached - all is well.
    Running XP SP2 and the USB devices work fine on other machines..
    I get the following codes:
    BCCode : 35 BCP1 : 864D0BF8 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

    1. Advertising

  2. PlaysByEar

    PlaysByEar Guest

    I have the same computer, and a similar problem. Mine doesn't reboo
    every time, and only when I misalign the connectors when trying t
    connect it (touching the shells together). My guess is that this i
    somehow temporarily lowering the power voltage which causes th
    reboot

    Not an ideal solution, but leaving a USB extension cord plugged int
    the USB connector and plugging the device into that seems to hav
    solved the problem for me