USB to Serial port cable

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Layne Carruth, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. I just installed one of these cables on my TC1000. After
    downloading the manufacturer's driver from their website,
    I plugged the USB cable into one of the two USB ports, and
    Windows XP automatically installed and configured the port.

    I could then find the new port in Device Manager (it was
    COM6 in my case). I am using the cable with ProComm, so I
    had to go into the ProComm Setup utilities and make COM6
    an available connection.

    Basically, Windows XP should recognize and configure the
    port, but you may have to make it accessible to your
    application (and in some cases may not be able to do so).

    Remember to load (and run) the vendors installation
    software BEFORE connecting the cable to the USB port.

    Good Luck.

    to use a USB to
    >serial port cable but as the XP tablet edition has no

    ports in device
    >manager I don't know what COM port it is on??
    >
    >I have installed the drivers for the cable but still no

    joy. I have tried

    Layne Carruth, Jul 1, 2003