User Order "Tunes by sound!"

Discussion in 'Apple' started by -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Oct 24, 2004.

  1. GoldTrader wrote:

    > User Order
    >
    > How can users put itunes songs in any order they select by sound?

    >Chas ()> What on earth do you mean - "by

    sound"?

    Vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium, you know like the thing
    falling trees may or may not make in the forest when no one is there
    to hear them. i.e. Not printed words!

    >Rick G ()>"by sound" - I assume that you just want to

    arrange the songs in an arbitrary manner, not related to their names,
    albums, artists, etc.

    Names, albums, artists seems arbitrary to me when you are talking
    about sound.

    >Step one: Create a playlist, give it a name, too. ('+' button)
    >Step two: Drag the songs into the playlist in whatever order you

    specify.

    >MR_ED_of_Course ()> GoldTrader has a

    history of posting painfully terse questions. As with previous posts
    of his, I can't imagine what his thought process was that resulted in
    his choice of subject and wording.

    I guess you have to think in a special way to use Mac!

    >MR_ED_of_Course ()> In any playlist, click

    on the top left column header (if it's not already selected). This
    sorts the playlist by "user order" (song order).

    Why would anyone want to sort 17,864 songs in some default song order?

    I know the tunes; I have listened to them for years. I might know who
    is singing it. Fat chance I can name the LP. There is no way I am
    going to know the NAMES some people call each and every tune. I may
    have never heard or seen the names in my whole life. How am I going
    to hear anything by looking at a bunch of letters in a combination I
    have never seen before. The names often have nothing at all to do
    with how they sound. How can you read a sound unless its sheet music.

    >MR_ED_of_Course ()> You can re-order songs

    by dragging them up or down.

    I guess I will have to make a playlist of the whole library.

    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Oct 24, 2004

  2. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Chas Guest

    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- wrote:
    > GoldTrader wrote:
    >

    >>User Order
    >>
    >>How can users put itunes songs in any order they select by sound?

    >>Chas ()> What on earth do you mean - "by

    > sound"?
    >
    > Vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium, you know like the thing
    > falling trees may or may not make in the forest when no one is there
    > to hear them. i.e. Not printed words!

    And by which attribute of the sound? Pitch? Rhythm? Timbre? The
    question is unanswerable due to the infinite variety of different
    characteristics that make up "sound".

    Simply pick your favourite "sounds", make a playlist and then drag them
    into the order you want.

    =:~)

    --
    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
    they start making vacuum cleaners." - Ernest Jan Plugge

    news at cdss dot fsnet dot co dot uk

    Chas, Oct 25, 2004