Using SBLive with anotther sound card in Cakewalk HS2002

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Andy L, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Andy L

    Andy L Guest

    Hi

    Hoping a SBLive guru can shed some light on this:

    I just picked up the SBLive to use soundfonts within Cakewalk. I
    would like to just use it for SF and nothing else (kind of a separate
    midi device itself). I have a TBS Montego sound card that I would
    like to use as the audio in/out card.

    When the SBLive was installed it seemed to take over Cakewalk and the
    TBS doesn't even show up in the drivers list (under CW Tools-Audio).

    I would like to just have the SBLive as a midi device for soundfonts
    and have the TBS as the audio card (I have an outboard mixer with
    several other devices going into the TBS card).

    As I was troubleshooting I disabled the SBLive (OS is Win98) and when
    I started Cakewalk the TBS showed up. Is there a way to make the TBS
    the 'default' soundcard for CW? But still have the SBLive as just a
    midi device.

    I had this exact setup with the SB AWE32 card and had no issues. The
    SBLive seems to have taken over Cakewalk for some reason.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks
    Andy L
    NAS Keflavik, Iceland