    I would like to use my Toshiba M205 as a mouse for my desktop when I am
    not using it as a tablet. Anyone done that?

    , Sep 25, 2006

  2. This was designed to do the opposite, but it should work the way you
    describe too.

    http://www.tabletpcpost.com/modules...req=viewdownloaddetails&lid=3&ttitle=ShareKMC

    It's free and developed by fellow MVP Loren Heiny who also makes
    www.inkgestures.com

    --
    Josh Einstein / Tablet PC MVP
    Einstein Technologies, LLC

    Josh Einstein, Sep 25, 2006

  3. Loren Guest

    Just to clarify, I wrote ShareKMC so that I could share the Keyboard, Mouse,
    and Clipboard between a Tablet PC and a desktop.

    This is how I often use ShareKMC: I might be sitting at a desktop system
    working on development or something similar and I'll have my Tablet PC
    running to the side. I might be using the Tablet PC to take notes.
    Scribbling notes on the Tablet is no big deal, but sometimes I just want to
    type something and here's where ShareKMC comes in. If I'm typing on the
    desktop system (or could be another Tablet) at the time, rather than move
    over to the Tablet's keyboard I tell ShareKMC to redirect all the keystrokes
    to the Tablet. So as I type on the desktop, everything goes to the Tablet.
    Likewise as I move the mouse on the desktop it moves the Tablet's cursor.
    Another common thing I do is copy something into the clipboard on the
    desktop system and then paste it using ShareKMC onto my notetaking program
    on the Tablet. You can go the other direction too and use the Tablet's
    keyboard and mouse to control the desktop's.

    There are some other programs that are similar to ShareKMC although ShareKMC
    is the only one that I'm aware of that's geared towards Tablet users.

    Synergy is an open source app which is similar. I think there are some
    others.

    MaxVista is another app which is sometimes lumped in with these KVM -style
    like apps, but it's much different. It let's you use the Tablet PC as an
    addtional monitor for another system--although you lose the pen input.

    Hope this helps,

    Loren

    Loren, Sep 26, 2006