    writing pad or character recognition screen. The message I get is "the
    writing pad is not available for the input language you have selected."
    Please help!
    leemo, Oct 22, 2009

  2. Hello!
    I have a HP tx2113cl (tx2000) and I have just downgraded to XP PRO
    It has been a bit of a 'grunt', but all is well except for the same issue
    you have posted.
    I am still searching for the answer as well. I appreciate your wording as
    it is exactly the same message I got when I moved my cursor over the button.
    I am looking forward to a response.

    MichelleAYuzik, Nov 14, 2009

  3. > "leemo" wrote:
    >> MichelleAYuzik wrote:

    >> I have only been using the tablet for a few days now, and can't use
    >> the writing pad or character recognition screen. The message I get
    >> is "the writing pad is not available for the input language you have
    >> selected." Please help!

    > I have a HP tx2113cl (tx2000) and I have just downgraded to XP PRO

    Which OS did you have when you got the computer?
    Wasn't it Vista (which has far more to offer for TabletPCs)??

    Which OS are you running now?
    Normal "XP Pro" is *not* sufficient for a TabletPC! You'd need XP
    TabletPC edition.

    Rainald
    Rainald Taesler, Nov 14, 2009
  4. leemo

    Alan Guest

    I also had the same problem. I had English Canada set up as my default
    language. I added English US and also added Tablet PC Text Insertion to the
    Advanced Text Services. After re-opening the writing pad, all 3 options were
    noe available.
    To do this:
    Open Control Panel, Regional and Language Options.
    In the Languagers tab choose Details.
    Add English US.
    Click on the More Text Services box, and from the drop-down choose Tablet PC
    Text Insertion.
    Restart the Tablet PC Input Panel and away you go...

    Alan

    Alan, Nov 16, 2009