    Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of a patch or a way to
    work around it? Is the Borland DBE indeed the problem or is it Windows?

    Thanks

    Brett W, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Brett W

    Chris H. Guest

    If the program is supposed to run on Windows XP, then it should run on a
    Tablet PC, Brett. The operating system is Windows XP Pro. If the program
    uses an older Borland database written for an earlier version of Windows, it
    might require installation using Compatibility Mode.

    Most of the "older" programs will run perfectly well on Windows XP. Some
    need to use Compatibility Mode (details are in Help and Support), and this
    TechNet article will help you:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/lgcyapps.mspx

    Basically, what Compatibility Mode does is allow the older program to
    "think" it is being installed on the operating system for which it was
    designed. You also need to pay attention to the program's requirements,
    and some need to be installed using Compatibility starting with the
    installation itself by going to Start/Run/Browse and locating the
    install.exe or setup.exe file on the root of the CD. You can right-click
    that file, follow the pattern to use Compatibility Mode and have it install.

    After the install, make sure to update the program from the web site of the
    creator, then right-click the icon you'll use to launch the program and make
    sure the proper Compatibility settings are ready. You also need to make
    sure the proper display and color settings are selected.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Feb 23, 2005