    it is much easier for me to buy/download online.
    Any help advice is much appreciated, thank you
    Ian
    ianshearin, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Re: Using XP Home with Tablet PC, where can I get tablet softwareto w

    ianshearin wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have recently purchased a Dialogue Flybook, it is a hybrid notebook/Tablet
    > PC. It comes with XP Home Edition preinstalled.

    Therefore, it is not a Tablet PC computer as understood by this
    newsgroup. They are defined by a certain set hardware spec and ALWAYS
    come preinstalled with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. The Dialogue
    Flybook has a touch-panel display, unlike Tablet PCs which have a
    digitized screen that requires a special pen.

    I want to use the tablet PC
    > as a paper/pen alternative, ie notes, scribbling etc. There is only a program
    > that converts pen top text which is fairly usefull but where can I get
    > software to use extensively the pen facilities that will work with XP Home
    > Edition?

    Chances are that any inking you do will not interoperate with
    ink-facilities provided by TPC edition and other Microsoft products.
    Mike Williams [MVP], Feb 7, 2005

  3. ianshearin

    ianshearin Guest

    Re: Using XP Home with Tablet PC, where can I get tablet software

    Thanks for the speedy response Mike,
    Ok so I dont have a Tablet PC per se...
    Any ideas on how I could progress from here?
    Are there any forums I could check out, what about sites that may sell
    software I could use?
    Thanks again for the response.
    Ian

    ianshearin, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Re: Using XP Home with Tablet PC, where can I get tablet software

    ianshearin wrote:
    > Thanks for the speedy response Mike,
    > Ok so I dont have a Tablet PC per se...
    > Any ideas on how I could progress from here?
    > Are there any forums I could check out, what about sites that may sell
    > software I could use?

    I can't speak to any of the third-party handwriting reco programs that
    you can find with a web search (e.g. "handwriting windows", but
    Microsoft Office XP or later does include a handwriting engine. See for
    example:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306906&sd=tech

    Since your essentially performing mouse-based tracking on a
    touch-screen, the results are likely to be less satisfactory than on a
    Tablet touchscreen (or external Wacom tablet) as far less motion points
    are captured.
    Mike Williams [MVP], Feb 7, 2005