va-10 - POST Problem

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Phillip Parr, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Phillip Parr

    Phillip Parr Guest

    Hello, when I turn on this newly built PC all devices appear to function
    except the screen does not come on and the PC doesn't appear to boot. I have
    removed all devices and trid again, cleared the BIOS and even tried to boot
    without ram, just cpu+fan. The motherboard does not beep, it simply seems to
    do nothing. Any ideas?

    1. Advertising

  2. stephen

    stephen Guest

    Have you connected the ATX12V1? The manual says it's optional but isn't. I
    had the same problem and had to buy a new power supply.

    Stephen
    "Phillip Parr" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, when I turn on this newly built PC all devices appear to function
    > except the screen does not come on and the PC doesn't appear to boot. I

    have
    > removed all devices and trid again, cleared the BIOS and even tried to

    boot
    > without ram, just cpu+fan. The motherboard does not beep, it simply seems

    > do nothing. Any ideas?

    1. Advertising

  3. Phillip Parr

    Phillip Parr Guest

    Really? Hmm... I only have one powersupply that has one of them... and
    that's in my computer. This is a friends... I'll give it a try!

    "stephen" <> wrote in message
    > Have you connected the ATX12V1? The manual says it's optional but isn't.

    > had the same problem and had to buy a new power supply.
    >
    > Stephen
    > "Phillip Parr" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello, when I turn on this newly built PC all devices appear to function
    > > except the screen does not come on and the PC doesn't appear to boot. I

    > have
    > > removed all devices and trid again, cleared the BIOS and even tried to

    > boot
    > > without ram, just cpu+fan. The motherboard does not beep, it simply

    seems
    > > do nothing. Any ideas?

  4. Phillip Parr

    Phillip Parr Guest

    I bought a PSU with both, it came today, dabs are very fast! And it works!!
    You're the man! :) Thank you :)