    mort Guest

    Can anybody tell me how to connect an FIC VA503+ to an ATX power supply
    in an AT case?

    mort, Mar 4, 2005

  2. I've done that. Basically what you need is a replacement power switch
    that will connect to the motherboard instead of to the power supply.
    You can get them at Directron for a whole $1.00:

    http://www.directron.com/switchat.html

    Aside from that, the rest is pretty straightforward. Put the ATX power
    supply in the AT's place (make sure it will fit), plug it into the ATX
    power connector on the motherboard, and change the AT/ATX power jumper
    on the motherboard. You should be good to go.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Mar 4, 2005

  3. mort

    Kylesb Guest

    I think that's the wrong switch Alex, but I'm certain the right switch
    can be found somewhere.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Mar 5, 2005
  4. mort

    Roger Hunt Guest

    In article <>, Kylesb <>
    writes
    >I think that's the wrong switch Alex, but I'm certain the right switch
    >can be found somewhere.

    When I did this with my 503+ I used the Reset switch from the AT case as
    the power switch for the ATX PSU. Worked fine.
    --
    Roger Hunt

    Roger Hunt, Mar 6, 2005
  5. Ack!!!!! You're right, that was the wrong link. No wonder it was so
    cheap. Sorry about that.

    Actually, here is a link to a proper ATX power switch for auction now on
    EBay. I am not sure how long this page will still be available, so take
    a look at it while you can:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=6749217342&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

    Not to worry, though. There are several for sale. Just go to EBay and
    do a search for "ATX power switch". That's how I found this one.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Mar 8, 2005
  6. mort

    Robert Akins Guest

    As the other guys have already said, it's very easy. You just have to get a
    new power switch that is just a momentary contact single pole single throw
    switch with a 2 wire connector to connect to the motherboard RPW_SW (remote
    power switch) header, and connect the ATX power supply just as you would in
    an ATX case. Also, make sure you set the PWR jumper (at the back of the
    board, right in the middle) to ATX (2-3).
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Mar 9, 2005
  7. I was at Fry's last night. I saw one of these for $2.99.

    Alex Zorrilla, Mar 11, 2005
  8. mort

    mort Guest

    On 3/10/05 4:30 PM, Alex Zorrilla wrote:

    > I was at Fry's last night. I saw one of these for $2.99.

    Great! A store I can drive to. And I was wondering if they'd have such a
    switch. Thanks for the tip.

    mort, Mar 11, 2005