    I use it to do office job, MS office suite and sometime Adobe Illustrator.
    Anyone had my same problem?
    It is normal?
    fromthestone, Mar 25, 2012

  2. fromthestone

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <21365653.717.1332676062824.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynne2>,
    fromthestone <> wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    > even if i have 20 C degrees in my office and the CPU use is very low my
    > macbook get 72 C degrees temperature and 6400 rpm fan use.
    > I use it to do office job, MS office suite and sometime Adobe Illustrator.
    > Anyone had my same problem?
    > It is normal?

    Soon as I use my 13" Macbook to run a bit of javascript, maybe open a
    spreadsheet, open Illustrator, the temp soon rises to 70 to 80.
    Whether it is normal, I can't say.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 25, 2012

  3. fromthestone

    Alan Browne Guest

    Re: very high temperature for MacBookPro 15" mid 2009 (model number5,3)

    On 2012-03-25 07:47 , fromthestone wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    > even if i have 20 C degrees in my office and the CPU use is very low my macbook get 72 C degrees temperature and 6400 rpm fan use.
    > I use it to do office job, MS office suite and sometime Adobe Illustrator.
    > Anyone had my same problem?
    > It is normal?

    If it's lying on a smooth, hard surface, it should stay reasonably cool.
    If it's on a soft, irregular surface (cloth) the whole underside may
    be insulated blocking heat dissipation.

    I said I didn't know."
    -Samuel Clemens.
    Alan Browne, Mar 25, 2012
  4. fromthestone

    JF Mezei Guest

    Re: very high temperature for MacBookPro 15" mid 2009 (model number5,3)

    When I first got my mid 2009 MacBook Pro 13", the fan would start to
    speed up when the temperature would reach about 60°. It was very gradual
    but I think the target temperature was 60°

    There was a firmware upgrade and since then, the fan doesn't kick in
    until the temperature has risen to the high 80s.

    Google Earth in flight simulator mode is goo test to see temperatures rise.
    JF Mezei, Mar 25, 2012
  5. Salut Matteo

    fromthestone <> wrote:

    > even if i have 20 C degrees in my office and the CPU use is very low my
    > macbook get 72 C degrees temperature and 6400 rpm fan use.
    > I use it to do office job, MS office suite and sometime Adobe Illustrator.
    > Anyone had my same problem?
    > It is normal?

    no, this is not normal.
    6400rpm is about the max fan speed...
    Have you checked with activity monitor (tell it to show all processes)
    if CPU usage is really low? You can sort by CPU usage...
    How many pageouts does the MacBook Pro have? What about used swap?
    How much RAM is built into the machine (8GB would be possible)?

    Cheers
    Andreas

    --
    MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch>
    EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk
    Andreas Rutishauser, Mar 26, 2012
  6. fromthestone

    Ron Guest

    fromthestone <> wrote:

    > Hi everybody, even if i have 20 C degrees in my office and the CPU use is
    >very low my macbook get 72 C degrees temperature and 6400 rpm fan use.
    >I use it to do office job, MS office suite and sometime Adobe
    >Illustrator. Anyone had my same problem? It is normal?

    My 13" MBP runs at 60 C or so when running Parallels, sometimes
    exceeding 70. Haven't seen the fan spin nearly that fast but 72 doesn't
    seem abnormally high for periods of high CPU usage.
    Ron
    Ron, Mar 26, 2012