    I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
    with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.

    Thank you.
    spock, Jul 22, 2007

  2. spock

    Paul Guest

    spock wrote:
    > Hello Everyone
    > Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
    > I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
    > with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Newegg has quite a collection, and each item has customer reviews. Once you
    spot a winner, you can buy it at your favorite retailer.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000110574&Subcategory=574

    If you want big, the Tuniq Tower wins the prize for big. $60
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16835154001

    Some manufacturers keep lists of motherboards where their heatsinks
    are known to fit. That can take the worry out of your purchase.

    This one has a 4 pin fan connector, for use with motherboard speed
    control. Zalman 9700NT. $60

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16835118020

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=231&code=009

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/upload/product/9700NT.swf (Flash installation movie)

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 22, 2007

  3. spock

    Thomas Guest

    spock wrote:
    > Hello Everyone
    > Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
    > I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for
    > use with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.

    On my P5N-E SLI I use the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. It's an incredibly
    good cooler for the price.
    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=79

    Check out this review:
    http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=642&page=5

    I can OC my E4300 to 2666 MHz @ 1.4Vand still have a load temp (core0 and
    core1) of below 50°C. (25°C above ambient) Also, it's incredibly silent when
    controlled by EZ-quiet.

    --
    Greetz, Thomas van der Horst.
    Thomas, Jul 22, 2007
  4. spock

    peter Guest

    Take a look at the thermalright HR-01..775
    http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/review.php?item=thermalrighthr01&file=1

    I placed one on top of an E6420 and attached a Scythe Sflex SFF21F 120mm
    1600RPM 63CFM 28DBA Fan to it.It makes a lot less noise than the stock Intel
    sink.
    This unit can also be used with the included Fan Shroud wich attaches to the
    back case fan for even quieter operation.
    I am running that CPU at 8x400 with a core temp of 36/38 and after running
    Orthos for an hour the temp is at a steady 53........and stays there no
    matter howlong I run Orthos.
    peter.

    peter, Jul 22, 2007
  5. spock

    Fishface Guest

    spock wrote:

    > I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
    > with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.

    Check the Noctua offerings for their superior mounting system.
    I'm done with the one-sided push pins, which I have observed to excessively
    flex the motherboard. Review of 92mm unit, which is not excessively large
    and heavy and performs well:
    http://www.cpu3d.com/cooling_and_cases/noctua_nh-u9f_review.html
    Anandtech review of the120mm offering:
    http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2976
    Fishface, Jul 22, 2007
  6. spock

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Spock' wrote:
    | Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
    | I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
    | with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
    _____

    See my ThermalTake i1 post in this newsgroup, five threads back "Aftermarket
    heatsink/fan reduces Core 2 Duo overclock temperatures". I run the
    ThermalTake i1 at a constant 100% - it is that quiet; quieter than anyother
    fan in my system and is also quieter than my hard drives.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jul 22, 2007
  7. spock

    Phil Guest

    spock wrote:
    > Hello Everyone
    > Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
    > I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for
    > use with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Thermaltake Big Typhoon (and Typhoon VX) are nice big heatpipe HSFs with
    120mm fans that spin at 1200rpm, which I dare you to say you can hear from
    further than 3 feet away with the case closed. $25 in some places/eBay.

    --
    Phil
    Phil, Jul 23, 2007
  8. Scythe on my Abit IC7 is the best and quietest Heastsink I've owned.
    Heywood Jablowme, Jul 23, 2007