VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) Full duplex or half duplex

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by 2stepme@bellsouth.net, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA36 with a VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
    for the sound card. I am trying to use the laptop for voice over IP.
    Unfortunately the sound is coming in choppy. The people at net2phone
    tell me that the sound card must be full duplex. I have not been able
    to determine if the card is full or half duplex. Does anyone know? If
    it is half duplex can you make any recommendation on replacing it with
    a full duplex card?

    Thanks for the help ... Michael

    1. Advertising

  2. Celer

    Celer Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA36 with a VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
    > for the sound card. I am trying to use the laptop for voice over IP.
    > Unfortunately the sound is coming in choppy. The people at net2phone
    > tell me that the sound card must be full duplex. I have not been able
    > to determine if the card is full or half duplex. Does anyone know? If
    > it is half duplex can you make any recommendation on replacing it with
    > a full duplex card?
    >
    > Thanks for the help ... Michael

    Hello,

    My ensonic PCI __ES1370__ (or 1371) is fullduplex. Alain.