VIA on-board SATA and add-in SATA problem - KV8 Pro

Discussion in 'Abit' started by pas, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. pas

    pas Guest

    Anyone found a add-on SATA card that does not 'eclipse' the onboard
    VIA SATA with this mobo? BIOS settings are:
    Advanced BIOS:
    Hard disk boot priority - bootable add-in device (1st)
    Bootable add-in device - On-board SATA Raid (I have 2 Samsung 160GB
    mirrored)
    First Boot Device - Hard disk
    Second - Floppy
    Third - CD

    No IDE devices.

    My add-in SATA card is an Adaptec ASH-1205 (SiI 3112 chipset). If I
    plug anything (another hard drive, SATA DVDRW) into this card, the
    POST does not even show the On-board SATA and I get a disk boot
    failure. If I plug devices into the add-in card after boot, they're
    rcognized by Windows and work fine. I just can't boot with them
    attached. With nothing pulgged into the add-in, POST shows the add-in
    SATA config first (showing nothing attached) and then shows the VIA
    SATA Raid config. I have all the latest drivers and BIOS updates.
    I've read of these same problems with VIA chipset add-in cards. So...
    my question is has anyone gotten an add-in SATA card to work and if so
    what card was it? Or am I just missing something in the BIOS?

    Thanks!!
    pas, Feb 9, 2007