    that may or may not be operational on the Mac end.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    cm

    Crackhead Millionaire, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Crackhead Millionaire

    Bob Harris Guest

    In article <>,
    (Crackhead Millionaire) wrote:

    > Hello friends. I'm trying to initiate video communications between a
    > win 2000 laptop using the AOL IM client and a MAC OS/10 using the
    > iChat client. The Mac user has an IM account, which I can communicate
    > with using text.
    >
    > Can anyone provide any insight into creating a video conference
    > between these two machines? All I could interpret from the Max side
    > was that my screen name did not have a lit camera next to it, and thus
    > he was unable to send any pictures in my direcion. On my end, AOM was
    > unable to initiate a direct connection with the user; and the VideoIM
    > Add-In reported that the user I was communicating with did not support
    > this Add-In.
    >
    > There is no effective firewall on the PC end. There is a firewall
    > that may or may not be operational on the Mac end.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated!
    > cm

    My understanding of AOL's Instant Messenger video conferencing is that
    it requires

    Windows XP
    with a patch from AOL
    Plus AIM v5.5 http://www.aim.com/

    In order to connect to a Mac you need to be running Mac OS X 10.3.* and
    the "iChat AV 2.1 Beta" software http://www.apple.com/ichat

    The AOL Instant Messenging web site has an FAQ on setting up video
    conferencing on Windows systems.

    Bob Harris

    Bob Harris, Feb 24, 2004