Vista Slow Start Time - 6 min - XF desktop

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Brian H, Mar 20, 2008.

  1. Brian H

    Brian H

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I have a Gateway XF Desktop that originaly had XP and ran great. I installed Vista and now it takes about 6 min for Vista to start. The harddrive starts, the bios goes and if it was a hard shut down the "restart in safe mode" comes up right away. Then nothing hapens for 6 min- then the hard drive kicks back in and it starts up. Shutdowns take about 20 seconds. Sometimes the sleap mode does not re-wake and I need to hard boot. I instaled SP-1 and still no help.

    The hard drives are factory set to raid 0. All the drivers are up to date.....

    :confused: Any sugestions on trouble shooting would be great. Anyone else having this issue?

    1. Advertising

  2. Brian H

    Brian H

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Got it fixed. When the external hard drive is disconnected it starts right up.. now to fix that problem