    Best regards
    Han
    email address is invalid

    Han, Apr 13, 2008

  2. Han

    A Nother Guest

    "Han" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9A7F843507CB1ikkezelf@130.81.64.196...

    > Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install SP1
    > on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

    Yes. Apparently you need to 'prepare' for the SP by having automatic updates
    turned on and perhaps going to Microsoft Update as well. Or so I understand.

    A Nother, Apr 13, 2008

  3. Han

    Han Guest

    "A Nother" <> wrote in

    > "Han" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install
    >> SP1 on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

    > Yes. Apparently you need to 'prepare' for the SP by having automatic
    > updates turned on and perhaps going to Microsoft Update as well. Or so
    > I understand.

    That's all set. Still no luck. I wonder what the "escalation" is going to
    do tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep this thread up to date.

    --
    Best regards
    Han

    Han, Apr 13, 2008
  4. Han

    L.E. Funt Guest

    Nope, download the full install

    L.E. Funt, Apr 14, 2008
  5. Han

    Han Guest

    "L.E. Funt" <> wrote in news:8EKMj.4$:

    > Nope, download the full install

    Downloading the full install of SP1 is only a waste of time. It does not
    work on my machine.

    Spent 3 hrs with MS customer service on the phone with him having remote
    control through "Easy Access", and no result other than having to
    reinstall applications such as AV and antispyware. What a waste!

    --
    Best regards
    Han

    Han, Apr 16, 2008