    a tablet?

    Thanks in advance.

    Fadi

    Fadi, Jul 20, 2009

  2. Fadi

    Fadi Guest

    A message I got back from Samsung, that might help (still working on getting
    this working :( )
    There is no tablet edition ofVista but there is some unofficial guidance
    available online on gettingVista to recognise the Q1 as a tablet which is
    available from the link below.

    http://www.technologyquestions.com/...72-how-make-vista-recognize-q1-tablet-pc.html

    I get an error in setting permissions on the RegKey, I found the following
    site...
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...y/thread/dc4b243f-c84a-43ec-8b75-fe2cef2656ac

    But that did not help... Still working on this, if anyone else having this
    issue, would love to hear from you
    Thanks
    Fadi

    Fadi, Jul 20, 2009

  3. Fadi

    Sven Guest

    They are correct in that there is no distinct special edition of Vista for
    Tablets, like there was for XP. For XP you got a specific version of XP
    which either had Tablet or Media Center bits, and was technically only
    available for OEMs building Tablets or Media Centers. In Vista (and Win 7
    for that matter) the OS comes with the bits for Tablets and Media Center
    support and it depends only on the hardware you have...assuming of course
    the hardware is recognized. I may be wrong but I don't think the Q1
    actually ran Tablet Edition, but rather Samsung extra software support on
    standard XP. UMPCs were almost a different animal altogether. Most every
    hardware platform I have had that had XP Tablet edition on it, had no issues
    when Vista or Win7 was loaded, seeing it as a tablet. Hope you get your
    issue resolved.

    Sven, Jul 23, 2009