Vista upgrade

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Rich, Jan 5, 2007.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Hi

    Can anyone whos filled in the acer web form to upgrade to vista help?

    http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page...en&ctx3=-1&ctx4=United Kingdom&crc=4262498838

    The email that comes back asks for the orginal receipt and redemption
    form. Theres no mention of what the redemption form actually is. Also
    do you get the receipt back.

    Don't want someone with my address and part debit card details. Then
    theres the problem of getting 12 month warranty in the UK if they
    don't return the receipt.with no receipt.

    When I go to the order update site - it just states order comfirmed.
    Is it or not?

    No answers from acer to my emails.

    Thanks.

    Rich

    1. Advertising

  2. DracUK

    DracUK Guest

    Well I filled in the form yesterday and paid the postage fee of £14 by cc
    which they dont deduct until dispatch.The only problem that I have with the
    procedure is WE will have to fax a COPY of our receipts to the Netherlands
    address.
    Why no UK address?
    I have emailed them to clarify

    regards

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone whos filled in the acer web form to upgrade to vista help?
    >
    > http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page...en&ctx3=-1&ctx4=United Kingdom&crc=4262498838
    >
    > The email that comes back asks for the orginal receipt and redemption
    > form. Theres no mention of what the redemption form actually is. Also
    > do you get the receipt back.
    >
    > Don't want someone with my address and part debit card details. Then
    > theres the problem of getting 12 month warranty in the UK if they
    > don't return the receipt.with no receipt.
    >
    > When I go to the order update site - it just states order comfirmed.
    > Is it or not?
    >
    > No answers from acer to my emails.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Rich

    1. Advertising

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:17:56 -0000, "DracUK" <>
    wrote:

    >Well I filled in the form yesterday and paid the postage fee of £14 by cc
    >which they dont deduct until dispatch.The only problem that I have with the
    >procedure is WE will have to fax a COPY of our receipts to the Netherlands
    >address.
    >Why no UK address?
    >I have emailed them to clarify
    >
    >regards

    Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
    option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?

    Thanks.

    Rich

  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Rich wrote:

    > Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
    > option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Rich

    Received the below from acer today - may of interest to others :

    ========================

    You only need the redemption form if you have a self built computer or
    if
    you bought Media Center Edition 2005 without a computer.

    You get the Redemption Form from your reseller.

    After you ordered on the website, you send us the copy of Proof of
    Purchase
    by email (scan it in) or by fax or by post.

    Kind Regards,
    The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.

    Toll-Free phone :
    Germany : 00800 666 44 666
    United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
    France : 00800 666 44 666
    Italy : 00800 666 44 666
    Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
    Spain : 900 973154

    Toll paid Phone :
    Phone : +31 880016102
    Fax : +31 555433946

    Address :
    Technical Upgrade Program Vista
    P.O. Box 252
    7300 AG Apeldoorn
    The Netherlands

    Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/

  5. DracUK

    DracUK Guest

    Cheers
    Have scanned my receipt and emailed it off

    regards
    "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > Rich wrote:
    >

    >> Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
    >> option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Rich

    > Received the below from acer today - may of interest to others :
    >
    > ========================
    >
    > You only need the redemption form if you have a self built computer or
    > if
    > you bought Media Center Edition 2005 without a computer.
    >
    > You get the Redemption Form from your reseller.
    >
    > After you ordered on the website, you send us the copy of Proof of
    > Purchase
    > by email (scan it in) or by fax or by post.
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    > The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.
    >
    > Toll-Free phone :
    > Germany : 00800 666 44 666
    > United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
    > France : 00800 666 44 666
    > Italy : 00800 666 44 666
    > Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
    > Spain : 900 973154
    >
    > Toll paid Phone :
    > Phone : +31 880016102
    > Fax : +31 555433946
    >
    > Address :
    > Technical Upgrade Program Vista
    > P.O. Box 252
    > 7300 AG Apeldoorn
    > The Netherlands
    >
    > Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/

  6. doS

    doS Guest

    you need a receipt and a confirmation page from the webform you filled
    out...........

    "DracUK" <> wrote in message
    > Cheers
    > Have scanned my receipt and emailed it off
    >
    > regards
    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>

    >>> Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
    >>> option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> Rich

    >> Received the below from acer today - may of interest to others :
    >>
    >> ========================
    >>
    >> You only need the redemption form if you have a self built computer or
    >> if
    >> you bought Media Center Edition 2005 without a computer.
    >>
    >> You get the Redemption Form from your reseller.
    >>
    >> After you ordered on the website, you send us the copy of Proof of
    >> Purchase
    >> by email (scan it in) or by fax or by post.
    >>
    >> Kind Regards,
    >> The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.
    >>
    >> Toll-Free phone :
    >> Germany : 00800 666 44 666
    >> United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
    >> France : 00800 666 44 666
    >> Italy : 00800 666 44 666
    >> Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
    >> Spain : 900 973154
    >>
    >> Toll paid Phone :
    >> Phone : +31 880016102
    >> Fax : +31 555433946
    >>
    >> Address :
    >> Technical Upgrade Program Vista
    >> P.O. Box 252
    >> 7300 AG Apeldoorn
    >> The Netherlands
    >>
    >> Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/

  7. sank5

    sank5 Guest

    It seems strange to me that we are all going to the same page and
    submitting the same response but getting different results. I
    submitted my request to upgrade a week ago and the only option for the
    UK is by Fax to 00800-666-44-666.

    > For your order to be fulfilled, you must submit (by mail, facsimile

    or scan) your receipt for a qualifying PC, together with the online
    confirmation number listed on this page, to the following address or
    facsimile number:

    > EMEA
    > Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
    > PO Box 252
    > 7300 AG Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
    > Email:
    > Fax: 31-55-543 3946
    >
    > Americas
    > Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
    > PO Box 1918
    > Orem, UT 84059-1918
    > Email:
    > Fax: 801-431-5616 Mexico
    > Technical Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
    > Parque Industrial Tecnológico II
    > Periferico Sur #7980 Nave 5,
    > Esq. Av. Colon
    > Sta. Maria Tequepexpan
    > Tlaquepaque, Jalisco
    > C.P. 45600
    > Mexico
    >
    > Asia
    > Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
    > Blk 750 Chai Chee Road
    > #01-03, Suite 987
    > Techno park @ Chai Chee
    > Singapore 469000
    > Email:
    > Fax: 65-62417132 China
    > POP Document
    > Attention to Ms Ding (ä¸å°å§ï¼‰)
    > 'Express Update to Windows ACER INCORPORATED'
    > Vista program - POP
    > 麦迪 实软 件(上海)有é™å…¬å¸
    > 上海市田州路99å·ï¼‘1å·æ¥¼
    > 上海 (2ï¼ï¼ï¼’33) Japan
    > Vista Program ACER INCORPORATED
    > Kanagawa-ken Atsugi-shi
    > Okada 3148
    > Zip code 243-0021. Korea
    > Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
    > 459-3, Gugal-Dong,
    > Kiheung-Gu, Yongin-Si,
    > Kyunggi-Do, Korea
    >

    > EUROPEAN
    >
    > Germany : 00800 666 44 666
    > United Kingdom: 00800 666 44 666
    > France : 00800 666 44 666
    > Italy : 00800 666 44 666
    > Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
    > Spain : 900 973154

    I have tried repeatedly to fax my receipt with no joy. It is currently
    sat in the fax which has been on constant redial for over 2 days now.
    I am starting to get annoyed to say the least.

    Has anyone successfully faxed their receipt to these people?

    Dave