    other?

    TIA

    , May 17, 2005

  2. Ed Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:07:07 -0000, wrote:

    >Which sound driver set should I use, the NForce Audio drivers or the
    >CMedia drivers? Are there major diff's or advantages to one over the
    >other?
    >
    >TIA

    Do the nforce drivers even support C-Media? I thought those were just
    for Nvidia sound chips (Soundstorm).

    I have an Audigy 2 in my VNF3-250, don't care much for those onboard
    sounds chips that eat up CPU cycles.

    Ed, May 18, 2005

  3. Earl Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Which sound driver set should I use, the NForce Audio drivers or the
    > CMedia drivers? Are there major diff's or advantages to one over the
    > other?
    >
    > TIA

    Chaintech seems to have a problem using the stuff built in to nforce
    chipsets, like the sound. You have to use the cmedia driver because you
    don't have nforce sound.

    Earl, May 18, 2005
  4. Guest

    Earl <> wrote:
    > Chaintech seems to have a problem using the stuff built in to nforce
    > chipsets, like the sound. You have to use the cmedia driver because you
    > don't have nforce sound.

    Well, I did try the nVidia Audio driver first, and it did work (or seemed
    to). The environment stuff didn't seem to do anything tho, they all
    sounded exactly the same. And the microphone was lousy/weak.

    So I installed the CMedia (w/o first uninstalling the nVidia - dumb, I
    know). It seems to work fine, tho not as "pretty" an interface. I did
    uninstall nVida afterwards, as it didn't exisit in Device Manager at all,
    yet the add/remove entry was still there (and all the files).

    Thanks.

    , May 19, 2005