"Volume Control" freezes minimized

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Travis, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Hi People,

    I have a 4600 I got in April with the Integrated SoundMAX digital audio. The
    wireless keyboard has a dedicated cluster in the upper right corner that works some
    of the functions, others, like "Next Track" etc, have never worked, even for the
    MusicMatch that came installed on the system.

    My problem is with the main "Volume Control" mixer activator (with the musical note
    on it) that brings up the Volume Control, which, by a rather clumsy process
    transiting "Properties," can be switched to Recording Control. When running my music
    software*, this repeatedly locks up and remains minimized on the status bar. Only a
    Windows XP system restore will bring it back to where it will icon "Restore" to
    where the faders can be seen and manipulated.

    Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

    I've just tried creating a shortcut to the Desktop for "Volume Control" to bypass
    the keyboard, but have no real expectation this will work a cure.

    Please let me know at travis at charbeneau dot net

    Many thanks!

    Travis

    Travis, Nov 7, 2004