Vostro 1000 64bit F6 Drivers?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Justin, Jan 24, 2011.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    machine.
    Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where do
    I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    1. Advertising

  2. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    > I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    > I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    > there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    > machine.
    > Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
    > do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    > http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    I can't help with the drivers but I would like to know what you hope to
    accomplish by installing an operating system that was nothing short of
    experimental.

    You'll find very little support, including a severe lack of drivers, for
    it. If you're going to go 64 bit you should have 6-8 gigs of RAM and go
    with with Windows 7.

    Bob

    1. Advertising

  3. On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    > I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    > I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    > there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    > machine.
    > Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
    > do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    > http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
    site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
    click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
    found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
    your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
    that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
    software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
    safely close these windows.

  4. Boris

    Boris Guest

    Christopher Muto <> wrote in

    > On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    >> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    >> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    >> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    >> machine.
    >> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
    >> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    >> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    > do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
    > site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
    > click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
    > found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
    > your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
    > that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
    > software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
    > safely close these windows.

    That's exactly what happened when I clicked on the link. I safely clicked
    out.

  5. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    On 1/24/2011 1:43 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:

    > do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
    > site

    Interesting typo. :)

    Bob

  6. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    Christopher Muto typed on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:43:09 -0500:
    > On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    >> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    >> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it
    >> on there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for
    >> this machine.
    >> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7.
    >> Where do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    >> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    > do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture
    > hosing site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about
    > every third click on that link you are likely to encounter a message
    > that 'avg has found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg
    > antivirus on your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a
    > fake system scan that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase
    > their antivirus software. considered yourself warned, and remember
    > that alt+f4 can safely close these windows.

    Interesting! As I have used imageshack since the beginning and I never
    knew this. But I use the old imageshack and nobody sees this stuff
    there. Here is an example. And yes it is perfectly safe.

    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2057/torvaldsoffersathumbsup.jpg

    And my thoughts about AVG, besides about becoming very bloated for no
    reason. AVG has another annoying problem of flagging tons of false
    positives. I finally had enough of it and switched over to Avast. And
    Avast still flags false positives, but tons far less than AVG. Heck I
    think I am getting like one false positive a year with Avast.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era)

  7. Justin

    Justin Guest

    "Christopher Muto" wrote in message

    On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    > I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    > I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    > there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    > machine.
    > Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
    > do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    > http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
    site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
    click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
    found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
    your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
    that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
    software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
    safely close these windows.

    I usually use a Mac so I don't have to worry about viruses.
    At one point Imageshack was reputable, I didn't realize things had changed.
    Having said that, can you tell me a reputable image hosting site?

  8. Justin

    Justin Guest

    "Bob Levine" wrote in message

    On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    > I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    > I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    > there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    > machine.
    > Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
    > do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    > http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    I can't help with the drivers but I would like to know what you hope to
    accomplish by installing an operating system that was nothing short of
    experimental.

    You'll find very little support, including a severe lack of drivers, for
    it. If you're going to go 64 bit you should have 6-8 gigs of RAM and go
    with with Windows 7.

    Bob

    I just want to try it out. I have three COAs sitting here wasting away.

  9. Justin

    Justin Guest

    "Boris" wrote in message news:Xns9E77702D5AB9Eblahblahcom@188.40.43.230...

    Christopher Muto <> wrote in

    > On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
    >> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
    >> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
    >> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
    >> machine.
    >> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
    >> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
    >> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

    > do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
    > site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
    > click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
    > found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
    > your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
    > that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
    > software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
    > safely close these windows.

    That's exactly what happened when I clicked on the link. I safely clicked
    out.

    I was unaware Imageshack went bonkers.
    Can you suggest another site?

  10. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    On 1/24/2011 11:08 PM, Justin wrote:

    > I just want to try it out. I have three COAs sitting here wasting away.

    FWIW, that's exactly what I'd continue to let them do.

    Bob

  11. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Thanks for the help.