VSS440FX BIOS 1.00.11.CS1T OEM upgrade

Discussion in 'Intel' started by humble, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. humble

    humble Guest

    I read alot of these posts and I figured I would put this in the groups
    since it is 2005 now. I spent about 2 wreckless days on this so here
    goes.

    I was trying to upgrade my BIOS for this old ass machine. The current
    BIOS was 1.00.08.CS1T. Things to know here.

    Intel BIOS upgrades are non-OEM. Meaning they have no "T" at the end
    these wil not work. Unless you edit some files which I have don but it
    never worked.

    You need to go to this website:

    http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=14791&uid=77445245

    This is the 1.00.11.CS1T upgrade.

    You will need to have a boot floppy ready.

    You will need to make a small boot disk using the mk_boot command in
    DOS:

    mk_boot a:

    this creates a mini boot disk for our BIOS updats otherwise the other
    ones are too small for all of our files.

    Run through the wizard once you boot off your disk with your files and
    you should not see the error messages that have been preventing you
    from no upgrading your BIOS.

    Shoot me an email if you get lost or need more help im tired and
    hungry.

    The bottome line here are 2 important things to remmember.

    1. You need to use a CS1T file not a CS1 like intel issues out.

    2. You need to make a small boot disk using the mk_boot.bat file if you
    need help with that do a google search on how to do it. Basically there
    is a command.com and dos.sys file on your floppy and thats it. Good
    luck and if anyone finds anything new shoot me an email.