Wacom Cintiq21 UX Tablet not functionning with vista

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Flo, Jul 26, 2008.

  1. Flo

    Flo Guest

    I've recently installed visa on my machine. I used to run XP, and had no
    problems with running the Cintiq 21UX. Basically, the following occurs:

    - The tablet doesn't act as a secondary screen, just as a normal tablet.
    Meaning I can't navigate with my pen on the actual tablet-screen, but only on
    the main screen.
    - I can navigate with my usual mouse on the tablet screen, so the tablet
    does work as a secondary screen.
    - The correct options are selected on my tablet settings panel.

    Could there be some kind of interference with the tablet setting because of
    the operating system's in-built "tablet PC settings" ?

    I need to resume my work as a matter of urgency, and would greatly apreciate
    you providing some insight on the matter.

    1. Advertising

  2. Invalid

    Invalid Guest

    In message <>, Flo
    <> writes
    >I've recently installed visa on my machine. I used to run XP, and had no
    >problems with running the Cintiq 21UX. Basically, the following occurs:
    >
    >- The tablet doesn't act as a secondary screen, just as a normal tablet.
    >Meaning I can't navigate with my pen on the actual tablet-screen, but only on
    >the main screen.
    >- I can navigate with my usual mouse on the tablet screen, so the tablet
    >does work as a secondary screen.
    >- The correct options are selected on my tablet settings panel.
    >
    >Could there be some kind of interference with the tablet setting because of
    >the operating system's in-built "tablet PC settings" ?
    >
    >I need to resume my work as a matter of urgency, and would greatly apreciate
    >you providing some insight on the matter.

    Have you installed the Wacom Vista drivers?

    I don't have a Cintiq , but the symptoms you describe suggest Vista is
    seeing it as two devices, a Tablet digitizer and a secondary display.

    Vista has inbuilt Tablet drivers, but they assume the digitizer is
    associated with the main display. I suspect you will need to download
    Wacom's own Vista drivers.
    --
    Invalid

    1. Advertising

  3. Flo

    Flo Guest

    I already did but downloaded again just to be sure but it doesn t seems to
    fix anything. Btw you perfectly caught my problem and i thank you for your
    swift answer).

  4. Invalid

    Invalid Guest

    In message <>, Flo
    <> writes

    >I already did but downloaded again just to be sure but it doesn t seems to
    >fix anything. Btw you perfectly caught my problem and i thank you for your
    >swift answer).

    I took a quick look at the Cintiq manual. One option it discusses is

    "When using Cintiq on a multiple monitor system, you cannot use the pen
    control the other monitor(s). Set one of the ExpressKeys to DISPLAY
    TOGGLE, and then press that key to cycle between pen control for the
    Cintiq and your other displays. See the electronic Software User’s
    Manual for details on working with DISPLAY TOGGLE."

    The other issue in the manual concerns installation. It seems very
    important not to connect the USB connector (which I presume is the
    digitizer) until installation of the device as a secondary display is
    complete.

    You did disconnect the Cintiq before installing Vista didn't you?

    I suspect that If you didn't, Vista has installed the standard
    digitizer drivers. You will need to uninstall the Wacom drivers,
    uninstall the Vista digitizer drivers, disconnect the Cintiq, reboot
    and reinstall the Cintiq dives in the right order.

    At the moment, the standard Vista drivers are getting first choice of
    the USB digitizer traffic!

    --
    Invalid

  5. Flo

    Flo Guest

    It worked! Thx a lot for your help, i can start to work again)