    (email valid)

    * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO *
    * Army MARS State Coordinator for Hawaii *
    Joseph Fenn, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Another option that might be easier to find, a SCSI external CD-ROM and
    a parallel to SCSI converter (Trantor 338 most commonly).

    Barry Watzman, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Joseph Fenn

    Joseph Fenn Guest

    I should have posted to the newsgroup I found a solution.
    After several years with my BackPack CDR-R/W external unit,
    I finally found a floppy disk that came with it in addition to
    the acaptek cd. I dug into the disk and lo and behold it permits
    useing an external backpack to be used in dos mode as a
    READ-ONLY device. Which is exactly what I needed. After
    reading the docs, I soon had an external cd reader and used
    an OEM95 I bought recently still in shrinkwrap with key and
    book came with it for $25. So VOILA I am now reading in
    the OEM95 version into 3 laptops I have here. 2 NEC's and one
    Toshiba. The OEM95 disk has a whole bunch of stuff on it
    that the upgrade versions never did. Thanks for your msg.
    Joe Fenn

    Joseph Fenn, Oct 12, 2004