    I'd appreciate any help,

    Thanks
    , Dec 5, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
    > off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
    > If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
    > two lines that say something like
    > e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
    > e34 jnz 0Xe30
    > and it will loop forever there,
    >
    > however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
    > perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
    > there something I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > I'd appreciate any help,
    >
    > Thanks

    I've checked my interrupt flag for the watchdog and it's turned off
    whenever this happens, however I've scanned through my whole code and
    there's not one line in which I turn off the watchdog timer
    , Dec 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    Just one more thing

    the problem seems to be exactly when I'm enabling my other
    interruptions, there is an instruction
    POP.W R11 however this will make it jump to a random instruction,
    however if I follow it step by step, it will jump to the interrupt
    instruction and then it'll work fine. However if I don't debug it it
    will never reset back to normal.

  4. On 5 Dec 2006 15:29:16 -0800, the renowned wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
    >off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
    >If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
    >two lines that say something like
    >e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
    >e34 jnz 0Xe30
    >and it will loop forever there,
    >
    >however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
    >perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
    >there something I'm doing wrong?
    >
    >I'd appreciate any help,
    >
    >Thanks

    Using BOR?

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany
    Spehro Pefhany, Dec 6, 2006
  5. Guest

    No, I'm using the 149, there's no BOR in it.

    Spehro Pefhany wrote:
    > On 5 Dec 2006 15:29:16 -0800, the renowned wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
    > >off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
    > >If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
    > >two lines that say something like
    > >e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
    > >e34 jnz 0Xe30
    > >and it will loop forever there,
    > >
    > >however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
    > >perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
    > >there something I'm doing wrong?
    > >
    > >I'd appreciate any help,
    > >
    > >Thanks

    > Using BOR?
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Spehro Pefhany
    > --
    > "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
    > Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
    > Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
    , Dec 6, 2006
  6. Guest

    I can't seem to find anyway to debug this,
    any suggestions??
    wrote:
    > No, I'm using the 149, there's no BOR in it.
    >
    > Spehro Pefhany wrote:
    > > On 5 Dec 2006 15:29:16 -0800, the renowned wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi,
    > > >
    > > >I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
    > > >off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
    > > >If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
    > > >two lines that say something like
    > > >e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
    > > >e34 jnz 0Xe30
    > > >and it will loop forever there,
    > > >
    > > >however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
    > > >perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
    > > >there something I'm doing wrong?
    > > >
    > > >I'd appreciate any help,
    > > >
    > > >Thanks

    > > Using BOR?
    > >

    > > Best regards,
    > > Spehro Pefhany
    > > --
    > > "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
    > > Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
    > > Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
    , Dec 7, 2006