    Thanks

    --
    Ron M.
    Ron Marraccini, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Anyone?

    --
    Ron A. Marraccini
    Legal Investigations - PSID #33657
    2000 NE 42nd Ave. #192
    Portland, OR 97213
    503-232-2470

    Ron Marraccini, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Ron Marraccini

    farmuse Guest

    Ron Marraccini wrote:
    > Anyone?

    go for the 150, should work just fine and you can use it when you
    upgrade. my sata port runs a seagate no problem.
    farmuse, Aug 21, 2007
  4. Ron Marraccini

    melon Guest

    There's known issue with that board (and I believe NForce 2 chipset in
    general) - corruption of data transfered between IDE and SATA may occur.
    That happened to me (70gig sata Raptor and ata Maxtor), the cure for that is
    to increase "EXT-P2P Discard Time" in BIOS. Performance may be slightly
    impaired but it's the only known fix. To test for the corruption I created
    large (couple gigs, at least larger than system memory to prevent data going
    off the cache) RAR archive, then I moved it couple times back and forth
    between the drives and then tested it for CRC errors.

    --
    melon

    U¿ytkownik "Ron Marraccini" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

    melon, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Ron Marraccini

    SumGuy Guest

    "melon" <> wrote in message
    > There's known issue with that board (and I believe NForce 2 chipset in
    > general) - corruption of data transfered between IDE and SATA may occur.
    > That happened to me (70gig sata Raptor and ata Maxtor), the cure for that
    > is to increase "EXT-P2P Discard Time" in BIOS. Performance may be slightly
    > impaired but it's the only known fix. To test for the corruption I created
    > large (couple gigs, at least larger than system memory to prevent data
    > going off the cache) RAR archive, then I moved it couple times back and
    > forth between the drives and then tested it for CRC errors.

    <snip>

    I had that problem, but it was when I connected 2 SATA drives, the IDE
    drives don't seem affected.

    I did find a reference to the problem you speak of at the Silicon Image
    site, and they say it is a BIOS issue that can be fixed through a BIOS
    update, but ABIT were never great on following up with these kind of fixes
    once a board is out of production.
    SumGuy, Aug 27, 2007
  6. I am using a D26 Black MantaRay CPC modded Bios
    at this time w/ no problems and I know to set the
    EXT-P2P Discard Time to "1".
    (I also have a Bios Savior)

    Although I am using an AMD mobile 2500 OC'd @ 10.5 x200,
    I plan on setting it to default when making the changeover.

    Anything else I should be aware of?

    Thanks

    --
    Ron A. Marraccini