    get on the internet just fine.

    -- It doesn't appear to be virus- or spyware-related.

    What's going on?

    Mike Schneider, Oct 31, 2004

  2. On 31 Oct 2004 15:35:28 -0800, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems,
    (Mike Schneider) wrote:

    >I have a Windows ME system on a network which has recently suffered
    >oine or two odd problems:
    >
    >1. All of my aplications AND document (but not folder) icons are now
    >overlaid, automaticaly, with hard-drive icons. Sometimes the screen
    >will re-draw and they'll temporarily disappear; but they'll reappear a
    >short time later (and after restarts).
    >
    >2. My other machines are no longer able to access the machine on the
    >network, although they, and the affected machine itself, are able to
    >get on the internet just fine.
    >
    > -- It doesn't appear to be virus- or spyware-related.
    >
    >What's going on?

    1. Search the web for the word "ShellIconCache", perhaps combined with
    "windows me", and you'll find some ideas to try.

    2. Don't know.

    --
    May all spammers die in horrible pains!
    Wanna e-mail me? Well, peter_e is correct, but the rest is obviously bogus...

    Peter Emanuelsson, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Mike Schneider

    K Doty Guest

    Have you tried to update your spyware and check to see if your antivirus has
    an update. also check to see if there are any Operating system updates from
    Microsoft.COuld How much ram does your system use and how many processes you
    have running in your computers back ground.

    Let me know

    K Doty, Feb 8, 2005