weird red pixels on acer aspire 1681... what is the problem?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by shigata, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. shigata

    shigata Guest

    I get wierd red pixels appearing on the display of my acer aspir
    1681

    Im pretty sure its not the LCD because it transfers to my TV-out an
    it looks to be comtained to particular windows..... It seems to do i
    after its been on a while.. so im thinking maybe overheating vide
    card?.... I noticed that if i press down on the case where my righ
    palm rests while typing i can momentarily make the red pixels g
    away...

    any info on what this might be would be very much appreciated... Also
    if anyone knows how i might go about fixing it would be great.... it
    no longer on warranty so i can't just send it back to acer

    thankx

    - shigat

    shigata, Feb 11, 2006