Welcome to ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad [was: Welcome to comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad!]

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by News, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. News

    News Guest

    John Navas wrote:

    > The use of e-mail addresses from articles posted to this group for the
    > purpose of sending junk (mass unsolicited) e-mail or for compiling a
    > list so that others may do so is specifically prohibited.

    Then observe your own proposed charter.

    Cease and desist your attempts to troll and harvest replies from the
    precedent newsgroup via your repetitive and annoying cross-posting to
    ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad.

    > The existence of ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad and the popularity of
    > forum.thinkpads.com, and traffic on the ThinkPad mailing list, are
    > evidence of the demand for a ThinkPad brand-specific forum.

    Which all work fine, ain't broke, don't need fixing.

    Welcome!
    News, Feb 5, 2007

  2. News

    CBFalconer Guest

    Re: Welcome to ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad [was: Welcome tocomp.sys.laptops.thinkpad!]

    News wrote:
    > John Navas wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> The existence of ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad and the popularity of
    >> forum.thinkpads.com, and traffic on the ThinkPad mailing list,
    >> are evidence of the demand for a ThinkPad brand-specific forum.

    > Which all work fine, ain't broke, don't need fixing.

    Except for all the servers that don't carry ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad, and
    do carry the mainstream comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad. As time goes by
    expect that number to increase.

    -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
    -- Thomas Matthews
    CBFalconer, Feb 6, 2007

  3. News

    Enrico C Guest

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:56:35 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Except for all the servers that don't carry ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad, and

    Agreed. I use three servers and only one has it.
    Enrico C, Feb 14, 2007