    IOW, what am I trying to match?
    TIA
    bill

    bill f, Sep 18, 2005

  2. bill f

    Arno Wagner Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc bill f <> wrote:
    > I've got two p3 cpu's both are SL52R is there anything else that I
    > have to look for in order to "match" them?
    > IOW, what am I trying to match?
    > TIA
    > bill

    Why do you want to "macht" them?

    Maybe you should read the CPU datasheets. You can get them from
    the Intel website. It also contains the explanations about the
    markings.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 19, 2005

  3. bill f

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:56:52 UTC, Arno Wagner <> wrote:

    > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc bill f <> wrote:
    > > I've got two p3 cpu's both are SL52R is there anything else that I
    > > have to look for in order to "match" them?
    > > IOW, what am I trying to match?
    > > TIA
    > > bill

    > Why do you want to "macht" them?

    Because there are CPU combinations that don't work (or are not
    supported). If you know about CPU datasheets, then you know this.

    > Maybe you should read the CPU datasheets. You can get them from
    > the Intel website. It also contains the explanations about the
    > markings.

    More to the point, look for the 'specification update'. That contains
    much useful information about combinations that work. It also tells you
    what CPU versions will never work in multi-CPU systems!
    --
    Bob Eager
    begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

    Bob Eager, Sep 19, 2005
  4. bill f

    Arno Wagner Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc Bob Eager <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:56:52 UTC, Arno Wagner <> wrote:

    >> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc bill f <> wrote:
    >> > I've got two p3 cpu's both are SL52R is there anything else that I
    >> > have to look for in order to "match" them?
    >> > IOW, what am I trying to match?
    >> > TIA
    >> > bill

    >> Why do you want to "macht" them?

    > Because there are CPU combinations that don't work (or are not
    > supported). If you know about CPU datasheets, then you know this.

    So this is about multi-CPU systems?

    >> Maybe you should read the CPU datasheets. You can get them from
    >> the Intel website. It also contains the explanations about the
    >> markings.

    > More to the point, look for the 'specification update'. That contains
    > much useful information about combinations that work. It also tells you
    > what CPU versions will never work in multi-CPU systems!

    Good advice. Should be on the same pae as the original specs.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 19, 2005