    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    , Nov 25, 2003

  2. <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
    > not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
    > sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
    > Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
    >
    > Thank you in advance. :)

    EAX 3= audigy only

    I don't know what you're card supports- had a look at the creative website
    already?

    euope.creative.com
    JumpKick feels gravitybound, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Blonks Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:46:50 -0600, wrote:

    >I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
    >not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
    >sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
    >Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
    >
    >Thank you in advance. :)

    EAX 1.0 AFAIK. The newer 5.1 cards do 2.0
    Blonks, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.games JumpKick feels gravitybound <*antispam*> wrote:

    > <> schreef in bericht
    > > I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
    > > not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
    > > sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
    > > Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance. :)

    > EAX 3= audigy only

    > I don't know what you're card supports- had a look at the creative website
    > already?

    Yes, but I cannot find the version information.
    --
    "Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant." --Motto of FTL
    Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)
    | |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    , Nov 25, 2003
  5. Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.games Blonks <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:46:50 -0600, wrote:

    > >I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
    > >not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
    > >sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
    > >Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
    > >
    > >Thank you in advance. :)

    > EAX 1.0 AFAIK. The newer 5.1 cards do 2.0

    Rats. Thanks. I have the older one before 5.1 existed.