    have not had much success on ebay so far.

    Thanks in advance!

    Buck.
    Buck Rogers, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Buck Rogers

    Judd Guest

    "Buck Rogers" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:p.s8jiqzzvk1j5fz@buck-hq8w50vj01...
    > Hi all!
    >
    > What happens to boxed CPUs ie. Pentium 2.4 Ghz/400 Mhz FSB/Northwood,

    which
    > weren't sold in the stores, or which Intel had at one time as inventory?
    >
    > If the stores return it to Intel, what does Intel do with them? What does
    > Intel
    > do with unsold stock? What happens to the thousands/millions of unused
    > processors?
    >
    > I am asking because I am trying to find the exact same processor above,

    and
    > have not had much success on ebay so far.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Buck.

    Option a.) Sell them to the Chinese
    Option b.) Throw them away
    Option c.) melt down the silicon and reuse
    Optino d.) Smithsonian Institute
    Judd, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Buck Rogers

    Buck Rogers Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:53:25 +0800, Judd <> wrote:

    > Option a.) Sell them to the Chinese
    > Option b.) Throw them away
    > Option c.) melt down the silicon and reuse
    > Optino d.) Smithsonian Institute

    Heh, they can throw them away, my way! ;)
    Buck Rogers, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Buck Rogers

    Lance Guest

    I've had to find old logic chips (~20-30 years old) before and
    discovered electronics brokers. These dealers buy up the old stock and
    sell them to desperate people for a dear price. If you think you'll find
    a bargain - forget it.

    For example, today I searched for a replacement computer power supply.
    This supply had a proprietary connector and all the pin voltages were
    swapped around from the ATX standard. Luckily I got one from Gateway for
    $26, but I did see another being sold by a broker for $292 (refurb).

    If you're truly willing to pay desperate prices, then google the chip
    number printed on the processor.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Apr 27, 2006
  5. Buck Rogers

    Andy Guest

    Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 400MHz 478pin 512KB CPU, OEM
    Package: OEM
    Manufacturer: Intel
    Manufacturer Part#: RK80532PC056512
    <http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=P4_2.4-A&c=fr&pid=fd97c3547d588a5ad00cda5718457d4772393be090898e083c7ef81105633ea9>