    Device Manager or not, does not seem to make any
    difference ?

    TIA.

    Natéag, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Natéag

    Paul Guest

    In article <7kYif.1185$>, "Natéag"
    <> wrote:

    > After installing Windows, it it requests the above utility.
    > repeatedly, even if I check the "Do not ask me again"
    > button. I could not find the *.sys file on my AN8-E
    > CD. After searching the Web, I found that it was
    > safe - and I eventually found and installed the file.
    >
    > What purpose does it serve? Whether I disable it
    > Device Manager or not, does not seem to make any
    > difference ?
    >
    > TIA.

    That is the pseudo-interface for the AI Booster program.
    The driver gives the AI Booster access to the clockgen and
    the like. Try installing AI Booster and see if the pesky
    requests go away. You don't have to use AI Booster after
    that - just ignore it.

    The ATK stands for AsusTek. No idea what the 0110 means.

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Natéag

    name Guest

    I had the same problem even after installing AI Booster. I finally went to
    device mgr/system devices and disabled, I forget, it either said "other" or
    "unknown device". AFAIK you don't have to install this and does not affect
    your system.

    john

    name, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Natéag

    Natéag Guest

    Thanks all for answering.

    I will have to keep that Ai Booster, since I just cannot get rid of it.
    Windows will always ask for it on rebooting.
    It is useless but seems to be harmful.
    av2jf.84$2O1.69@trndny09...

    Natéag, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Natéag

    name Guest

    Disable the device in Device Mgr, that wil end the problem.

    john

    name, Nov 30, 2005
  6. Natéag

    Dave Guest

    Had the same prob, downloaded ai booster, unzipped and updated driver in
    system manager. prob solved

    Dave, Nov 30, 2005
  7. Natéag

    kunal9889

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    i had the same issue ......
    i put the ASUS driver cd
    and then ran the "ADD HARDWARE WIZARD"
    it searched for the appropriate driver'S and TADA the error was no more..
    i guessed it was a motherboard issue.....and googled abt this while the drivers were getting installed and found this page .....the error is not poping anymore ..and there is no "UNKNOWN" device in my device manager list....

    kunal9889, Oct 2, 2008