What is the unique feature of GA-X58A-UD3R?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by dgront, Nov 4, 2010.

  1. dgront

    dgront Guest

    I would like to buy GA-X58A-UD3R MoB for my i7. The problem is that my
    university will pay for it from public money. I can't just go to the
    nearest store and grab it.

    Instead, my university has to publish the "Express of interest" that
    it wants to buy a computer. I can write the relevant part of it but I
    can't name any specific brand in this document. So the sellers may
    offer anything that satisfies tech specs and I can't say I want
    Gigabyte. The cheapest offer wins and I have no control over what my
    institution is buying.

    So what should I write in the "Express of interest" to get GA-X58A-
    UD3R? No other _cheaper_ board may satisfy the criteria I am
    providing.

    For example, I also want to buy Intel i7 processor without saying the
    word "intel". So I am asking for a CPU that:
    - I can run Mac OS X on it
    - has at least 4 cores
    - the clock is at least 3.08 GHz
    - is not slower on the standard benchmark XYZ (whatever...) that i7
    950.

    So I need a combination of features and parameters (numbers, MHz, GHz,
    milliseconds - you name it) that uniquely define GA-X58A-UD3R.

    Best,
    Dominik

    PS. I need GA-X58A-UD3R to install Mac OS X on a PC, I know for sure
    it runs on this board+CPU. If you know by any chance what makes a
    mother board Mac OS X - compatible, I may state that instead of
    insisting on GA-X58A-UD3R.

    PSS Boards better than GA-X58A-UD3R (say, GA-X58A-UD5) are also OK,
    just GA-X58A-UD3R is cheaper.

    PST Note, that I am naming "Mac OS X" brand but the trick is that I
    am NOT buying it...

    1. Advertising

  2. peter

    peter Guest

    ?You know this is like writing specs....
    It must meet the following requirements:
    3 oz of copper in the mobo
    6 USB3 ports
    2 SATA6 connectors
    6 SATA3 connectors
    etc etc

    you lay out the specs of what you wish to buy ...
    and those specs match the Gigabyte board...especially the Copper
    and the ability to charge a cellphone off the USB port.

    peter

    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)