    applications such as Word 2003? If they can, that will be great. If
    they can't, what other options?

    Thanks,
    Dean, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Dean

    Chris H. Guest

    Office 2003 doesn't automatically recognize handwriting, Dean. That's a
    function of the Tablet PC Edition itself, and the Tablet recognizer engine.
    However, Word can detect 21 different languages for spelling and grammar in
    text. The Office MUI information is here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/four/ch14/IntB01.htm

    The add-on Tablet PC Recognizer Pack available for free includes -
    Handwriting recognizers: U.K. English, U.S. English, French, German, Spanish
    (International Sort), Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional
    Chinese, along with Speech recognizers: English, Japanese, Simplified
    Chinese and Traditional Chinese are available with the Pack from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...1b-191f-49ea-8454-26aeab4ba1aa&DisplayLang=en

    Please note: The current recognizer pack must be installed BEFORE you
    install the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with the Tablet PC Edition 2005.
    Microsoft has said they're working on a newer version, but have not
    announced the contents or a release date at this point.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Aug 18, 2004

  3. Dean

    Guest Guest

    Chris, I'm not suspecting you here. But can you pleaseprovide the link to
    that information. I'm excited here as I'm looking forward to improved
    support for East Asian language input that is, handwriting recognizers for
    Chinese, so I can write in Journal or OneNote without the need of the TIP.
    : )
    Guest, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Dean

    Chris H. Guest

    To what information, Eric? I provided two links in the previous message.
    Also, could you please quote at least the pertinent part of the message to
    which you're responding? It makes it much easier to figure out what you're
    talking about without going back and reviewing messages.

    Chris H., Aug 19, 2004
  5. Dean

    Guest Guest

    "It makes it much easier to figure out what you're talking about without
    going back and reviewing messages."

    Sorry, I hope this style, which is my original style back two years ago,
    would be easier to follow. I've seen others that have 10 or so replies with
    trimming out old content that made the post very hard to read. : )

    Anyways, I was referring to the new release of the Recognizer Pack. Is there
    a page for that product on the Microsoft site? So far I've done some
    searches on the Microsoft Home Page but unable to locate it. :(

    Thanks anyway. : )
    Guest, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Dean

    Chris H. Guest

    No, Microsoft hasn't announced it yet, Eric. And I have heard nothing of
    what the contents will be, although I do know there is a new pack coming.
    When, I don't know. It just doesn't make sense to have the pack with a
    requirement of installing before XP SP2 or else it breaks. Remember, OEMs
    have SP2 already, so new machines coming out soon will have the full XP SP2
    on them.

    Chris H., Aug 19, 2004
  7. Dean

    Dean Guest