1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

What type of DDR2 ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bozo, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Bozo

Bozo

Hi,

I have a K9NGM with an AMD Athlon 4200+ dual core processor installed, the bus speed is 200 with a multiplier of 11.

How do I work out which type of memory will give me the best performance ? DDR 533, 667 or 800 ?

Also, the BIOS on this board doesn't seem to have any options for things like CPU multiplier or type DDR RAM installed so I'm guessing this just all automatically configured from detecting what's installed, so I have no options to overclock but I'm not too bothered about that anyway.

Currently I have 2x 512mb DDR 533 DIMMS installed on single channel, but I need to upgrade to 2gb now, so I thought that I might as well look at improving the performance and also buy a twin pack of 1gb dimms so I can take advantage of the dual channel.

Thanks
    Bozo, Feb 19, 2008
    1. Advertising