What Zigbee hardware to use?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by msr, Oct 23, 2011.

  1. msr

    msr Guest

    Hello,

    Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions o
    what hardware (modules) to choose?
    I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.

    Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee module
    that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seem
    interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy t
    use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need t
    buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
    I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and
    end-devices. Something like this:

    .coordinator
    ...router
    ......end-device
    ......end-device
    ...router

    Any suggestions are very welcomed.

    ---------------------------------------

    msr, Oct 23, 2011

  2. msr

    JeGy Guest

    Hi,

    I have good expirences with Digi modules.

    Regards
    Jens

    JeGy, Oct 23, 2011

  3. On Oct 22, 6:25 pm, "msr" <mario.ribas@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions on
    > what hardware (modules) to choose?
    > I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.
    >
    > Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee modules
    > that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seems
    > interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy to
    > use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need to
    > buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
    > I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and 2
    > end-devices. Something like this:
    >
    > .coordinator
    > ..router
    > .....end-device
    > .....end-device
    > ..router
    >
    > Any suggestions are very welcomed.
    >
    > ---------------------------------------
    > Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

    I think the design is older but, this winsystems board;
    http://www.winsystems.com/datasheets/PCM-ZIGBEE-DS.pdf , appears to
    use a maxStream module. They were bought by Digi in 2006 so, I'd say
    that's a good source as mentioned by JeGy.

    1 Lucky Texan, Oct 23, 2011
  4. msr skrev 2011-10-23 01:25:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions on
    > what hardware (modules) to choose?
    > I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.
    >
    > Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee modules
    > that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seems
    > interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy to
    > use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need to
    > buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
    > I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and 2
    > end-devices. Something like this:
    >
    > .coordinator
    > ..router
    > .....end-device
    > .....end-device
    > ..router
    >
    > Any suggestions are very welcomed.
    >
    > ---------------------------------------
    > Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

    USB Sticks
    http://www.dresden-elektronik.de/shop/cat4_33.html

    Modules:
    http://www.dresden-elektronik.de/shop/cat4_32.html

    You will find that the ATmega128RFA1 has a lot lower
    power consumption than the CC2530 solution
    and slightly better link budget, which maps out
    to better range.

    BR
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, Oct 24, 2011