When will buying games be cheaper and better than pirating games.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. Some things to keep in mind:

    1. When games cost less than one euro it becomes more interesting to simply
    buy the cd or dvd, because downloading would require more money for
    electricity.

    2. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
    in the drive, possibly damaging the disc during switching.

    3. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
    in the drive, switching cd/dvd's is annoying.

    4. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
    in the drive, which makes a lot of noise which is annoying.

    However

    5. When buying games no more crack needed and online play might work
    sometimes better than pirates.

    6,7,8 When pirating games, no stupid cd/dvd's needed like in points 2,3,4
    mostly for single player.

    9. CD/DVD's had rootkits hahahahahahaha.

    10. Downloads may have bad stuff as well, not encountered any yet though ;)

    So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
    games:

    1. Costs have to be reduced further.

    2. Easy of use has to be increased.

    Which means:

    1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.

    2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid cd/dvd
    hassle and risks.

    Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Skybuck Flying

    pjp Guest

    For me,

    #1 is have the games actually work straight out of the box given you meet
    DECLARED system specs. If not, developers should demand retail outlets will
    refund money spent.

    I have no #2 that's reasonable to expect to have happen.

    I have two modern games refuse to install on my XP-Pro box, Tiger Woods 2007
    and NFS-Carbon. They do install on my laptop running XP Home. Copy install
    over, figure out reg entries to export/import, find missing dll and copy and
    they both actually run no problem. I feel no negativeity at all given my
    time to get game to works certainly was worth more than what it might have
    cost for 2nd copy of game so no problem having it installed on both and
    using a "no-cd" crack.

    "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    > Some things to keep in mind:
    >
    > 1. When games cost less than one euro it becomes more interesting to

    simply
    > buy the cd or dvd, because downloading would require more money for
    > electricity.
    >
    > 2. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
    > in the drive, possibly damaging the disc during switching.
    >
    > 3. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
    > in the drive, switching cd/dvd's is annoying.
    >
    > 4. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
    > in the drive, which makes a lot of noise which is annoying.
    >
    > However
    >
    > 5. When buying games no more crack needed and online play might work
    > sometimes better than pirates.
    >
    > 6,7,8 When pirating games, no stupid cd/dvd's needed like in points 2,3,4
    > mostly for single player.
    >
    > 9. CD/DVD's had rootkits hahahahahahaha.
    >
    > 10. Downloads may have bad stuff as well, not encountered any yet though

    ;)

    pjp, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Skybuck Flying

    peter Guest

    go find something else to do...your boring us
    peter

    peter, Jan 19, 2008
  4. Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
    > games:
    >
    > 1. Costs have to be reduced further.
    >
    > 2. Easy of use has to be increased.
    >
    > Which means:
    >
    > 1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.
    >
    > 2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid cd/dvd
    > hassle and risks.
    >
    > Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp ! ;)
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    Very soon if you live in Beaumont, Texas.

    http://www.businessweek.com/technol...p news_top news index_businessweek exclusives
    Ryan Hatfield, Jan 19, 2008
  5. Well,

    Internet providers could start with informing their users how much bandwidth
    they used per month before switching to a new model, so people have an idea
    of their usage.

    I for example have no idea what my usage would be though I estimate
    sometimes maybe 40 GB per month and sometimes maybe only 1 GB per month or
    so.

    So it can fluctuate quite a lot.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jan 19, 2008
  6. Skybuck Flying

    Bushy Guest

    Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > Well,
    >
    > Internet providers could start with informing their users how much bandwidth
    > they used per month before switching to a new model, so people have an idea
    > of their usage.
    >
    > I for example have no idea what my usage would be though I estimate
    > sometimes maybe 40 GB per month and sometimes maybe only 1 GB per month or
    > so.
    >
    > So it can fluctuate quite a lot.
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.
    >
    > "Ryan Hatfield" <> wrote in message
    >> Skybuck Flying wrote:
    >>> So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
    >>> games:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Costs have to be reduced further.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Easy of use has to be increased.
    >>>
    >>> Which means:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid
    >>> cd/dvd hassle and risks.
    >>>
    >>> Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp ! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Bye,
    >>> Skybuck.

    >> Very soon if you live in Beaumont, Texas.
    >>
    >> http://www.businessweek.com/technol...p news_top news index_businessweek exclusives

    welcome to the internet in australia. broadband internet access here has
    always been usage based. currently my household gets 12GB at up to
    1.5MB/s for AU$70 per month, with speed throttled to dial up 64kB if you
    go over that. the ADSL2+ plans tend to be cheaper and faster with more
    usage, but the exchanges required aren't always available.

    Bushy
    Bushy, Jan 20, 2008
  7. Skybuck Flying

    Ed Medlin Guest

    <Snip all excuses>

    You are a theif and should be prosecuted as such. The hundreds (or probably
    thousands in your case) of dollars you have pirated is just like robbing
    your neighbor or stealing a car. Someone did the work to make the games you
    steal just like an auto worker builds a car or your neighbor earns his
    living.

    Ed
    Ed Medlin, Jan 20, 2008
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Don Guest

    "Ed Medlin" <> wrote in message
    > <Snip all excuses>
    >

    > You are a theif and should be prosecuted as such. The hundreds (or
    > probably thousands in your case) of dollars you have pirated is just like
    > robbing your neighbor or stealing a car. Someone did the work to make the
    > games you steal just like an auto worker builds a car or your neighbor
    > earns his living.

    Yep, once a thief, always a thief...

    --
    Don