    Maybe the USB3 technology will be slow to arrive in the US? the USB3
    discussion I read indicated that it will Not work on WinXP systems...

    JR

    Postman Delivers, Aug 20, 2009

  2. On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:21:03 +0000, Postman Delivers wrote:

    > I understand Asus has delayed the well received USB3 motherboard shown
    > in Tiawan, but where are the PCI USB3 cards? The moment the card is
    > available to the consumer I am certain we will see a few venture into
    > the Peripheral business, and the external USB3 hard drive should appear
    > rapidly if that industry has its head on straight....
    >
    > USB3 PCI cards for the desktops computer market should have a great
    > retail 2009/2010 introduction.
    >
    > I am certain the 2010 CES show in Vegas will have dozens of vendors if
    > not all card and hard drive vendors showing the USB3 Peripherals that
    > might be seen in the retail shops world wide in 2010.
    >
    > Maybe the USB3 technology will be slow to arrive in the US? the USB3
    > discussion I read indicated that it will Not work on WinXP systems...
    >
    > JR

    * * *
    Update -

    Photos show USB cards on display in Japan.
    http://www.everythingusb.com/ratoc-systems-usb-3.0-pci-express-card-17099.html

    With great deal of data storage devices expected to make use of the
    USB 3.0 standard by 2012*, Freecom is leading the way with the first
    USB 3.0 ready hard drive on the market.

    They list Euro pricing and Mid-November availability...

    Vapor-ware, or the first with product for the consumer?

    http://www.freecom.com/news.asp?id=9205&catName=press

    Postman Delivers, Sep 28, 2009