    it somewhere deep.

    Anyone know where to find the bios. Or maybe they could post it. Please.
    Thanks
    Salvador Freemanson, May 25, 2010

  2. Salvador Freemanson

    Pen Guest

    Pen, May 26, 2010

  3. On 26/05/2010 22:29, Pen wrote:
    > On 5/25/2010 4:01 PM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    >> Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q

    > have you tried here? Watch the wrap.
    > http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...00D-ST3501&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

    Thanks, that's just the kind of thing I needed - bootable from a CD.

    Trouble is, it doesn't cover my model.
    According to the readme file it inclues, it covers the models PSLC8U,
    PSLC9U and PSLE8U. Mine is the PSLC0E. I've looked through the site and
    can't find a similar file for my model.

    I'm not sure about flashing the bios for a different model. Any idea how
    similar they are?
    Salvador Freemanson, May 27, 2010
  4. Salvador Freemanson

    Pen Guest

    On 5/26/2010 7:13 PM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    > On 26/05/2010 22:29, Pen wrote:
    >> On 5/25/2010 4:01 PM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    >>> Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q

    >> have you tried here? Watch the wrap.
    >> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...00D-ST3501&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663
    >>

    > Thanks, that's just the kind of thing I needed - bootable from a CD.
    >
    > Trouble is, it doesn't cover my model.
    > According to the readme file it inclues, it covers the models PSLC8U,
    > PSLC9U and PSLE8U. Mine is the PSLC0E. I've looked through the site and
    > can't find a similar file for my model.
    >
    > I'm not sure about flashing the bios for a different model. Any idea how
    > similar they are?

    Well this BIOS comes up in a search for your model, so I'd
    try it. You don't have much to lose since the machine is
    trashed now.
    Pen, May 27, 2010
  5. On 27/05/2010 02:48, Pen wrote:
    > On 5/26/2010 7:13 PM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    >>> have you tried here? Watch the wrap.
    >>> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...00D-ST3501&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663
    >>>

    >> Thanks, that's just the kind of thing I needed - bootable from a CD.
    >>
    >> Trouble is, it doesn't cover my model.
    >> According to the readme file it inclues, it covers the models PSLC8U,
    >> PSLC9U and PSLE8U. Mine is the PSLC0E. I've looked through the site and
    >> can't find a similar file for my model.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure about flashing the bios for a different model. Any idea how
    >> similar they are?

    > Well this BIOS comes up in a search for your model, so I'd
    > try it. You don't have much to lose since the machine is
    > trashed now.

    Odd that Tosh put software for some models and not others on their web site.
    Salvador Freemanson, May 27, 2010
  6. "Salvador Freemanson" <> wrote in message

    > I am trying to repair a Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q laptop that won't
    > boot ever since my nephew decided to flash the bios and then turned off
    > the power part-way through.

    It is not clear why SF does not require the damage be repaired
    (or paid for) by the relative who caused it.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs
    Don Phillipson, May 27, 2010
  7. Salvador Freemanson

    Lars Guest

    Previously, on Usenet "Don Phillipson" <> wrote:

    >"Salvador Freemanson" <> wrote
    >
    >> I am trying to repair a Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q laptop that won't
    >> boot ever since my nephew decided to flash the bios and then turned off
    >> the power part-way through.

    >It is not clear why SF does not require the damage be repaired
    >(or paid for) by the relative who caused it.

    Right, sue him! It is the American Way.
    Nephew or not, twelve years old and your sisters kid. So what? You
    can't let that come between you and a fresh laptop!

    Lars
    Stockholm
    Lars, May 28, 2010
  8. On 28/05/2010 00:33, Don Phillipson wrote:
    > "Salvador Freemanson"<> wrote in message
    >
    >> I am trying to repair a Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q laptop that won't
    >> boot ever since my nephew decided to flash the bios and then turned off
    >> the power part-way through.

    > It is not clear why SF does not require the damage be repaired
    > (or paid for) by the relative who caused it.

    Not really relevant, but since you ask.
    The computer belongs to my sister, who lives in northern Brazil, but
    bought the computer while visiting our mother, who lives in London. It
    was my sister's son (i.e. my nephew) who did the said damage. He
    promised to sort it out, but never did. My sister then gave it to her
    daughter who was studying in England, to get it looked at while it was
    still under guarantee (not sure that it would have been covered, you can
    but try). She did nothing about it. When she went back to Brazil, she
    left the computer with me. By now it is of course out of guarantee.
    We will think about what to do with the computer if I ever manage to get
    it sorted out.

    As you see, not at all relevant.
    Salvador Freemanson, May 28, 2010
  9. Salvador Freemanson

    BillW50 Guest

    On 5/28/2010 4:34 AM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    > On 28/05/2010 00:33, Don Phillipson wrote:
    >> "Salvador Freemanson"<> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I am trying to repair a Toshiba Satellite L300D-10Q laptop that won't
    >>> boot ever since my nephew decided to flash the bios and then turned off
    >>> the power part-way through.

    >> It is not clear why SF does not require the damage be repaired
    >> (or paid for) by the relative who caused it.

    > Not really relevant, but since you ask.
    > The computer belongs to my sister, who lives in northern Brazil, but
    > bought the computer while visiting our mother, who lives in London. It
    > was my sister's son (i.e. my nephew) who did the said damage. He
    > promised to sort it out, but never did. My sister then gave it to her
    > daughter who was studying in England, to get it looked at while it was
    > still under guarantee (not sure that it would have been covered, you can
    > but try). She did nothing about it. When she went back to Brazil, she
    > left the computer with me. By now it is of course out of guarantee.
    > We will think about what to do with the computer if I ever manage to get
    > it sorted out.
    >
    > As you see, not at all relevant.

    Maybe this article may help.

    Recovering Dead Motherboards Killed by the CIH Virus
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/39

    The big problem I have with the article is all laptops I have seen, the
    BIOS are soldered in. So you have some extra work to do.

    --
    Bill
    Thunderbird Portable 3.0 (20091130)
    BillW50, May 28, 2010
  10. On 28/05/2010 12:26, BillW50 wrote:
    > On 5/28/2010 4:34 AM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    >> On 28/05/2010 00:33, Don Phillipson wrote:
    >>> "Salvador Freemanson"<> wrote in message

    > Maybe this article may help.
    >
    > Recovering Dead Motherboards Killed by the CIH Virus
    > http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/39
    >
    > The big problem I have with the article is all laptops I have seen, the
    > BIOS are soldered in. So you have some extra work to do.

    Very interesting method.
    I've got a few old Toshs around. One of them may possibly be compatible.
    But the prospect of all that unsoldering and re-soldering on multi-layer
    PCBs is quite daunting. I could end up with two dead Toshs instead of one.

    You'd think someone could come out with an in-situ programming tool.
    Salvador Freemanson, May 28, 2010
  11. On 27/05/2010 02:48, Pen wrote:
    > On 5/26/2010 7:13 PM, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    >>> have you tried here? Watch the wrap.
    >>> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...00D-ST3501&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663
    >>>

    >> Thanks, that's just the kind of thing I needed - bootable from a CD.
    >>
    >> Trouble is, it doesn't cover my model.
    >> According to the readme file it inclues, it covers the models PSLC8U,
    >> PSLC9U and PSLE8U. Mine is the PSLC0E. I've looked through the site and
    >> can't find a similar file for my model.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure about flashing the bios for a different model. Any idea how
    >> similar they are?

    > Well this BIOS comes up in a search for your model, so I'd
    > try it. You don't have much to lose since the machine is
    > trashed now.

    It seems the computer needs the Bios to be operational so that it can
    boot from the CD. This method is an alternative to flashing from Windows.

    By the way, the link stopped working today (it worked a couple of days
    ago). Hopefully it's temporary.
    Salvador Freemanson, May 28, 2010