    never found anything in the BIOS that allows me to set the "SATA Mode" to
    "IDE" as stated on page 96 of the User's Manual. If I am missing something
    please point out my mistake.

    R Hallman, Nov 11, 2004

  2. R Hallman

    JOHN Guest

    "R Hallman" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am setting up a KT600 v.1 that I want to use SATA1 as the boot device.
    > When I install WindowsXP on this computer and it asks for a third party
    > driver, do I install one of the Soyo drivers? Which one? I do not want to
    > create a Raid array but I do want to get the benefits of the faster SATA
    > hard drive. I have found inconsistencies in the BIOS setup instructions
    > between what is in the manual vs. what is shown on the BIOS screen. I have
    > never found anything in the BIOS that allows me to set the "SATA Mode" to
    > "IDE" as stated on page 96 of the User's Manual. If I am missing something
    > please point out my mistake.

    Hello!
    Third party drivers can be found on the Soyo web site. i.e. kt600
    Via raid...(http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2171)
    Third party drivers can also be found on makers home
    page.(http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2) P.S. Know your
    chipset!
    Set up the system with essential components only (no sound cards or
    additional peripherals that are not required at the time of installing
    the Operating system)
    Plug in your two SATA drives
    Place your Windows CD in the CD-rom and a floppy disc with the VIA
    driver below in the floppy drive
    Boot the system and after the option to enter BIOS, Press the Tab key
    to enter user window
    Create your RAID array
    Exit and your system will detect the Windows installation disc in the
    CD-rom and will begin to load the installation program.
    At the first Blue Screen prompt "Press F6 to install 3rd Party RAID
    Controller Software" Follow the instructions. It will detect the
    driver disc in the floppy drive and install the VIA driver
    Continue with the Windows installation
    After the Windows installation, install the driver again by running
    the setup.exe file. By running it again from Windows the V-RAID tool
    will become available so that you can monitor or change your RAID
    array set up from within Windows

    JOHN, Nov 12, 2004

  3. R Hallman

    R Hallman Guest

    "JOHN" <> wrote in message
    > "R Hallman" <> wrote in message
    >> I am setting up a KT600 v.1 that I want to use SATA1 as the boot device.
    >> When I install WindowsXP on this computer and it asks for a third party
    >> driver, do I install one of the Soyo drivers? Which one? I do not want
    >> create a Raid array but I do want to get the benefits of the faster SATA
    >> hard drive. I have found inconsistencies in the BIOS setup instructions
    >> between what is in the manual vs. what is shown on the BIOS screen. I
    >> have
    >> never found anything in the BIOS that allows me to set the "SATA Mode" to
    >> "IDE" as stated on page 96 of the User's Manual. If I am missing
    >> something
    >> please point out my mistake.

    > Hello!
    > Third party drivers can be found on the Soyo web site. i.e. kt600
    > Via raid...(http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2171)
    > Third party drivers can also be found on makers home
    > page.(http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2) P.S. Know your
    > chipset!
    > Set up the system with essential components only (no sound cards or
    > additional peripherals that are not required at the time of installing
    > the Operating system)
    > Plug in your two SATA drives
    > Place your Windows CD in the CD-rom and a floppy disc with the VIA
    > driver below in the floppy drive
    > Boot the system and after the option to enter BIOS, Press the Tab key
    > to enter user window
    > Create your RAID array
    > Exit and your system will detect the Windows installation disc in the
    > CD-rom and will begin to load the installation program.
    > At the first Blue Screen prompt "Press F6 to install 3rd Party RAID
    > Controller Software" Follow the instructions. It will detect the
    > driver disc in the floppy drive and install the VIA driver
    > Continue with the Windows installation
    > After the Windows installation, install the driver again by running
    > the setup.exe file. By running it again from Windows the V-RAID tool
    > will become available so that you can monitor or change your RAID
    > array set up from within Windows

    Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I want to use SATA1 as a single drive. No
    Raid Array. I have now got my OS installed on the HD installed on SATA1.
    After trying every interpretation of the BIOS setup instructions for the
    boot device sequence I gave up using their instructions. Although it is
    contrary to what is printed in the User's Manual Floppy, CDROM, HDD-0 is
    what finally worked. Maybe someone can explain why. I have a DVD-RW on
    IDE1 as Master and a DVD-ROM as the slave. There is nothing on IDE2. SATA1
    contains a 200GB Seagate SATA HD.

    R Hallman, Nov 13, 2004
  4. R Hallman

    f/f george Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:27:05 -0500, "R Hallman" <>
    wrote:

    >Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I want to use SATA1 as a single drive. No
    >Raid Array. I have now got my OS installed on the HD installed on SATA1.
    >After trying every interpretation of the BIOS setup instructions for the
    >boot device sequence I gave up using their instructions. Although it is
    >contrary to what is printed in the User's Manual Floppy, CDROM, HDD-0 is
    >what finally worked. Maybe someone can explain why. I have a DVD-RW on
    >IDE1 as Master and a DVD-ROM as the slave. There is nothing on IDE2. SATA1
    >contains a 200GB Seagate SATA HD.

    I was told the other day that on MOST boards you can use Sata OR IDE
    NOT both at the same time. Maybe that is why it is working now.

    f/f george, Nov 13, 2004